Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Inneractive ads buggy?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 09:13
So, I just set up an Inneractive account and got a dev code to use for my game.

The ads show up fine in the game, aside from the ads being 300x50 instead of 320x50 like the documentation suggests they would be. The problem here comes from when I clicked on an ad.

So far, out of 100 or so ad generations, i've seen only 2 ads. One for "Burn The Rope" and one for an "Anti Mosquito" thing (iTunes store)... clicking on the "Burn The Rope" ad, I'm brought to the iTunes store, where I'm shown the Anti Mosquito thing... in dutch.

I have localization enabled in my Inneractive setting, so what I'm wondering is if anyone else has seen something like this happen. Both clicking an ad to be brough to a page for a different ad, as well as being taken to a page with a language that your location obviously doesn't speak.

Also, would this be a problem on AGK's side or Inneractive's side?

~Plystire

A rose is only a rose until it is held and cherished -- then it becomes a treasure.
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I recently setup an account and only seen two ads when using wifi at home.
When I drove to different city, I received different ads.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
the "problem" is with inneractive

agk is just displaying what inneractive sends

actually this is not a problem at all, its just how inneractive ads work
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2012 00:41 Edited at: 31st Oct 2012 00:41
Actually it is a problem. If a user clicks on an ad, I expect them to be taken to the proper location.

The ads shown in-game have since changed, though. I am now only seeing one ad, consistently... but luckily it at least links to the proper site. Maybe the two I mentioned above were temp ads?

Well, good to know it's not AGK's fault. If any more problems arise, I'll bring it up with Inneractive support. Thanks for the info, guys.

~Plystire

A rose is only a rose until it is held and cherished -- then it becomes a treasure.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 13:04:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 13:04:41