Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3d wondering from a 2d geek

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 17:33
To start off with, I haven't been able to use 108 yet because my project crashes the compiler.exe. And I never used 3d with DBPro or Dark GDK, I'm 2d all the way

My question: Will there be any way of making a sprite-based game with box2d and everything and use the "3d camera" and lighting effects on the scene of sprites? I of course realize that if I left box2d alone I could use textures on plains as sprites but I like to utilize box2d.

Thanks!

My hovercraft is full of eels
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 17:47
It should be possible, like every frame, position and rotate a plain for each sprite. You might be better off taking over the Box2D update, but that depends on the project really.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, your always gonna be able to get the position and rotation of a Box2D sprite, then you can do whatever you need to with that, translating it to 3D plains should be really straightforward.

I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more memes.
lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 18:28
Ah yes good idea. Didn't think that far

My hovercraft is full of eels

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 09:18:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 09:18:06