Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [dark dynamix] How to obtain LOCAL object coordinates of a point at which a collision has occurred

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 18:27
Hi, I am trying to discover a way to find the XYZ local coordinates of a "point at which a collision has occurred" in a object.
I try to explain better, in first please look at attached pic.

Ok so I have a cube that is launched towards the wing (an Air to Air missile)

So this cube will hit the wing in a precise GLOBAL coordinates and the physic engine will work the collision and the resultant effects.

Ok, I would to know If there is a way to TRANSFORM the GLOBAL XYZ coordinates of the precise impact moment into a precise WING LOCAL XYZ coordinates of the point of the wing suffering the hit..

Or I would to know if there is a command to directly tell to me what is the WING LOCAL XYZ coordinates affected by the collision..

I was in search of some DYN and DBPro commands to do that but I find nothing!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 19:14
Hello mate. With the complex work you're doing with rotations, you'll probably want to look into EZ Rotate. This is a plugin written by Ron Erickson which has a lot of cool features for solving these sort of problems for you, as the actual maths is pretty complex!

Here's a quote from the command list ...
Quote: "
Find Point From Offset
The Find point from offset feature will convert from a coordinate system that is local to your object to the global coordinate system. In other words, if you want to know the position of a point that is always a certain distance above / below / beside / in front / behind your object according to how it is currently rotated, this feature will solve the problem. This is a great replacement for the "glue object" command native to Dark Basic Professional. It is a great way to cut down the usage and overhead of "dummy" objects to track positions.

Find Offset From Point
This command is the polar opposite of the Find Point From Offset feature. Instead, you supply a 3D coordinate and EZrotate will determine the distance to each objects axis relative to how it is rotated (perpendicular distance). This feature makes setting up things such as 3D radars very simple.

"

Sounds like Find Offset From Point is exactly what you need.

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 19:59
Hi Fallout!
Yes seems really the EZrotate can solve my request!
Many years ago already installed the EZrotate for problematics like these.. maybe was for something related to Z-buffer If I remember good.

So rally good I was beggining to think I should to do super complex calculations...

Thank you again for now Fallout, I will post here the news!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:51:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:51:41