Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [dark dynamix] My airplane parts exploding when I set the mass!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2012 14:19 Edited at: 4th Nov 2012 19:00
Hi,
I am facing a strange problem related on the mass of my objects.
Here my steps:

** OUTSIDE MAIN LOOP **
1) I made my airplane objects

2) I use DYN START command

3) I USE THE SET PARAMETERS from last help code by Matty H:
DYN SET PARAMETER NX_VISUALIZATION_SCALE, 1.0
DYN SET PARAMETER NX_VISUALIZE_COLLISION_SHAPES, 1.0
DYN SET GRAVITY 0.0, -9.8, 0.0

4) Using the "DYN COOK CONVEX MESH" and "DYN MAKE CONVEX MESH" to give a convex mesh physic model to my airplane parts.
In this step I provide the density for my airplane parts (all parts = 1.0).

5) *** Using "DYN SET MASS" command to give the mass to my airplane parts. The mass value I am using is 1.0

6) using the "makeJointFixed" function provided by Matty H to join all my airplane parts to the main aircraft body.

7) I prepare 1 collision groups where I put all my object parts

8) Using "DYN GROUP SET COLLISION" to make my airplane parts can't collide each other so I use : DYN GROUP SET COLLISION 1,1,0

Ok, If I use these steps without the 5th step so I get my program working fine!

If I use all these steps (including 5th step) I obtain my aircraft explode....

haha yeah, like a big bang effect.. look at the video here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGvH2-bkcTo&feature=youtu.be

I tried to change the difference between density and mass in many ways but I always obtaining that explosion..
But I noticed that If I give less mass so the explosion is less fast and less violent..

Seems a problem related to the poligon interpolation of the airplane parts convex meshes.. but I already provided that the airplane parts can't collide each others..

EDIT:
I find that the problem is to try to give mass to an object that has other objects attached (with the DYN JOINT commands)
If I give a mass to ALL the aircraft parts except the main body so I obtain no problems or objects explosions.

NEW EDIT:
After many tests I see that the main object must have double mass than other airplane parts.

If the wing mass = 5, the main object must have mass = 10

Like a more mass needed to reach to sustain the ohter joined objects..
appale
Years of Service
User Offline
I read your content and it is very fine to read. I completely recommend you to download this app right know into your iphone / ipad or Android mobile, the new version of RIVER RAID APP will make you remember the old times playing back atari, but this time with more changeling levels, new and modern graphics!!! any one need to this game you can go on this url

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 04:50:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 04:50:57