Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / can i use these commands in v1.20? and how?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2012 13:29 Edited at: 6th Nov 2012 13:32
I just saw the v1.19 page here in the forums
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191591&b=21
and I saw these codes:

Just wondering if I can use this commands for v1.20 BETA 3 AND also how to use them, thanks.
To be specific, I want to use the playfullvideo=x and the plrwobble=x, again, help would be appreciated

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2012 20:10
Quote: "To be specific, I want to use the playfullvideo=x and the plrwobble=x, again, help would be appreciated"

playfullvideo=x

The "playfullvideo=x" action is used to play a video and disables the feature where the player can press ESC key, press spacebar key, or click mouse button to abort the playback. It works in conjunction with the "video=x" action command.

Take a look at the script "storyinzone.fpi", which is attached to a story zone trigger.

When the player hits the zone, the sound (if specified) plays and then the video plays. You can abort with the mouse button, spacebar, or escape key.

Now we made a second script called "storyinzone_noskip.fpi" and looks like the following:

The difference is the command playfullvideo=1, which tells the engine to disable the three methods of aborting the video and therefore playing it to the end.

plrwobble=x

There are many variations of this command, all depending on when and how you want it to happen. An example of using "plrwobble" attached to a triggerzone:

While the player is in the zone, the camera wobbles. When they leave the zone, it stops.

Another example with a timer:

Again, this script is attached to a triggerzone. Player enters zone and player wobble is active. After 3 seconds are up, the wobble is inactive.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Killj0y17
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2012 11:07
wow thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:09:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:09:46