Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkNet Dead-In-The-Water?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 05:39 Edited at: 11th Nov 2012 05:41
Is DarkNet still in development? I was going to purchase it but not if it's dead-in-the-water.

The product page insinuates there will be another release
-"64 bit compatibility (not included yet, but on its way. This update includes the necessary changes to make this possible)."

"but on its way" <---still being worked!?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 12:21
it was last updated in 2011, to a version 2.0.1 I would say get it, and get used to it before it even updates...

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2012 01:39
It is not under active development at the moment.

I will fix any bugs that people find, so you can be sure it is a solid product but additional features will be slow. Also I will answer any questions from users via email or on the forums.

As for 64 bit, this is something only .NET or C++ users would benefit from; drop me an email if you need this feature and I should be able to get it done over Christmas.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 13th Nov 2012 02:00
Quote: "As for 64 bit, this is something only .NET or C++ users would benefit from;"

YES PLEASE!!!

Hi Michael!

Also that request about a sample project could you extend that to DBP C++ and .NET ? PRETTY PLEASE! [Mainly DBP + .NET]

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 17:01
Check the latest post on the MikeNet thread, I have just sent off a new version to TGC with amongst over things 64 bit support .

Qqite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 18:45
I've been using DarkNet for a while now and it is, by far, the easiest and nicest network library I have ever used. It is deffinantly not dead and if you're worried if it hasn't been undated for a while, it is still a powerhouse of usefulness.

Price tag seems high, but when you get it you'll understand why its a killer deal.

Ventures of the worlds around us are limited only by our imagination.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 17:29:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 17:29:00