Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Dynamix] Fluids?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am interested in what capabilities DDyn has for simulating fluids.

Do you have any example applications that show a fluid moving from one container to another?

I would like to create many different containers, then have a simlulated fluid flow through them depending on where they are placed.
Onyx
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, it's been a week. Can the author of Dark Dynamix please respond?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 20:42
Sorry, I read this and was meant to respond but forgot

You can simulate fluids in the way you describe but probably not in a real time application, unless you implement a very efficient rendering technique.

Dark Dynamix(and PhysX) does not concern itself too much about how the fluid particles are drawn, there are so many different ways to draw fluids, ranging from very fast but not too realistic looking, to non-real-time but completely realistic fluids, for the latter you would need to be good with shaders.

Dynamix comes with a fluid example which simulates blood sticking to and sliding down a wall.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:21:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:21:59