Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Need urgent help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum for urgent reasons, so if my question was asked in another topic, i'm sorry for this.

I'm currently working on my grade personal project and I want to create a fps game as quick as possible using c++. Can anyone please help me organize my thoughts and ideas by actually giving me a step-by-step plan on how to create a short (1-2 levels) fps game in a quite short time?

Thank you so much.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 11:47
Welcome then.

That's a pretty vague question... what kind of libraries do you intend to use? Will it be 2D, 3D or maybe ortographic? How will the game actually play out; you would do things differently depending on what you want in there (ie. do you require complex physics, how clever should the AI be, can the main character climb on walls etc.).

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 22:35
If you require 3D environments, I can whip something together... but indeed you need to give more information...

What kind of FPS etc. and as what Rudolpho has asked too

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:06:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:06:18