Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Easy one click android compiler?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 04:03
Is there any simple way of compiling your AppGameKit project for Android?
It seems very difficult to compile for it at the moment, especially as the computer that I want to do it on isn't connected to the internet so the online installers won't work and it's very hard to find an offline installer for some of the software

JoJo
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 15:42
Not really.

You have to set up the Android development environment. And the pieces come from several sources. I don't think you could find them anywhere but the internet.

Someone posted somewhere a way to do it differently from the AppGameKit methods, but I never tried that way. And you still have to install the Android stuff.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 30th Nov 2012 01:30
Alternatively you could try... Freedom-Engine.com...

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2012 03:55
Would it be possible to just copy the androidPlayer.apk file thing to the directory (and maybe rename the .byc file), then delete all the source code and zip the entire folder. This would be a lot easier then trying to follow the page in the docs http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/33_android.htm. You can do this with the Windows player, copy it from C:\program files\the Game Creators\AGK\Players\Windows\windows.exe into the folder with the normal exe, then rename the .byc file windows.byc, Can you do this with the apk? It would be great if you could somehow

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2012 16:18
Your approach with the android player apk wouldn't work.

When you create an Android apk file it contains everything needed for the app. That includes the media and the byte code file specific to the app. Delivering an Android app is done with only the apk file, not with any other parts.

The Windows player works very differently. It is exactly the same for all Tier 1 apps and does get all the information from the byte code file created by the AppGameKit IDE. Delivering a Windows app means including everything in the media directory along with the Player part.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Alain91
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2012 13:37
To download an all-in-one eclipse android sdk, you can try

http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/bundle.html

Thens use the android template from TGC

It worked for me.

Alain
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2012 17:46
Thank you Alain91, that is very useful.

I need to update my Eclipse/Android environment to do the newer v108 builds and this will make it easier.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2012 03:01
Thanks for this, it should make my job so much easier. I did compile it with freedom-engine.com, but that doesn't work either. I have posted about that.

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:31:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:31:16