Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Carnage Live - now on Kickstarter

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2012 17:28
TGC & Fallout have teamed to create a new Kickstarter project for Carnage Live .

Check out the project and fun video;

Carnage Live on Kickstarter

We hope you decide to pledge and support this project.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2012 19:50
Great video, lots of funny moments Also like the different game mode ideas.

Good luck.

@Fallout, you don't look like I imagined you to look, I thought you had blonde hair and a pirate hat, funny the way you have a mental image of people you have never seen

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 6th Dec 2012 00:52
OKOK, the video got me, backing this tomorrow!

HL3 top FTW!

Is your studio in an abandoned nuclear station?

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2012 12:34
hahaha. Thanks guys. That's not me in the video ... that's my body double. Or maybe it is me! You'll never know! Oh yeah, I actually said my name. Ok, maybe it is me then.

Cheers for your support guys. Mr Valentine, that is a top secret filming location. I couldn't possibly comment!

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2012 12:53 Edited at: 6th Dec 2012 12:56
Here's a banner anyone can use if they'd like to show support for the game during the funding process! Thanks gents.

Banner code should look like this:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2012 18:52
Interestingly, you look a little like your Irish cousin...what was his name again, Ronan wasn't it? Nice chap I hear.

Quote: "Cheers for your support guys. Mr Valentine, that is a top secret filming location. I couldn't possibly comment! "

In other words, when you get to Basingstoke Mr Valentine, look for all the signs saying, "Top Secret Nuclear" bunker, once you reach the fork in the road with the tree, it's the third right. You can't miss it.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2012 18:57
Is that the Top Gear Top Secret Research Lab?

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2012 20:47
Let's just say I'd have to kill you and bury you in it's basement with all the other corpses if I told you! mwahahahah!

I hope you have emailed Rick to claim your backer skull badge btw.

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 22:39
Update here on the KS campaign. We're really struggling to get awareness out there and get people to even check it out. This is the problem with being a small fish without much of a community following. We're fighting against the current!

Whether you choose to back the project or not, we'd really appreciate shares of the link on Facebook, Twitter or anything else. Please help a fellow community project by pimping it out to your friends! Cheers.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 23:23
Already Posted to my FB Wall

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 23:41
Thanks man! Every little helps.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2012 14:40
Sent you an e-mail, Fallout.

TheComet

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2012 22:51
First off, I've literally just put my pledge in as this really does look awesome. I prefer single player games myself but I might be tempeted into multiplayer with this.

Secondaly, if you want to get some publicity you should write an email to Metro Game Central: http://metro.co.uk/ents-tech/gaming/. You might have heard about them but I'll give you their email anyway: gamecentral@ukmetro.co.uk and hopefuly they'll print your email in their "inbox". If you've not heard about them, they run their in run it like a letters page in a magazine so there's no garuantee that they'll show your email.

However, I've submitted a "reader's feature" to them mainly talking about my views on Kickstarter in general but I mentioned Carnage Live and included a link to your Kickstarter page. Again, there's no garuantee that they'll use my feature but they were asking people to submit them for the christmas period. They normally just run them at weekends but they're going to run a load of them over the holidays so there's a good chance it'll get published.

I've not had a chance to download the demo yet but hopefully I'll have a go in the next couple of days.

Keep up the hard work and good luck.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2012 00:03
Hello mate. Thanks for your support! If you email rick he will assign you your Carnage supporter badge. Publicity has been our major problem so hopefully your reader feature request might happen. We definitely need all the promotion we can get.

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 11:01 Edited at: 24th Dec 2012 11:03
Just to let you know that they used my feature, you can read it here:

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/23/why-im-backing-kickstarter-readers-feature-3327215/

As I said early, it's mainly about my views on Kickstart in general (I think it's a good thing) but there are links to the Carnage Live Kickstarter page and also to the FPSC Reloaded page. I probably should've mentioned that TGC found alternative funding for FPSCR but you get a limited word count on these features.

I think publicity for these kinds of projects is going to be the a problem in the future. Just putting something on Kickstarter is never going to be enough. It's a bit like putting an app on the appstore or google play: just because it's there doesn't mean anyone's going to find it. I wouldn't feel too disheartened though, there have been criticisms of the Elite Dangerous Kickstarter campaign, mainly that they didn't really explain what it was about earlier on.

I'll email Rick and claim my badge, might ask for a post humourous FPSC Reloaded badge as well as I also backed that.

one of these days I'll come up with a better signature
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 12:44 Edited at: 24th Dec 2012 12:46
Thanks for the mention and good article. Yes, a lot of learning has been going on with regard to Kickstarter. There really aren't that many projects on there that games get lost in a sea of competitors. If I click Discover > Games > Video Games, then look at the "popular this week list", I only have to scroll down a page or 2 to see Carnage. So while it's not plastered all over the front page, it's not buried under 100s of other titles. Anyone who wants to spend a few minutes browsing game titles should come across it.

So I don't think visibility on the Kickstarter page is the problem. I think it's probably:
a) People aren't routinely browsing games on Kickstarter. Most traffic probably comes in from outside the site, and since Carnage has no publicity, there's no traffic.
b) People expect the game to be much further through development. Since funding ran out, we had to get this project up now, but really it hasn't quite reached the stage where the content can wow people. We're trying to promote the vision through development visuals and I don't think it's working.

The lessons I've learnt are:
a) Work hard to build a game community from day 1. Don't leave it until Kickstarter launch.
b) Don't hit a crowd funding site until you have a lot of gameplay to show so you can truly capture people's imagination

We still have a chance with Carnage as there is a long way to go, but we're trending to miss our target by a long way. Promotional plugs all help and maybe it'll pick up at the end. Articles like this all help, so thanks for that.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 14:22
Some good tips there Fallout, part of the reason I recently put my website together was to document my future projects as they progress, perhaps try to get some interest while in development.

I have a promotional code here for google adwords, get £100 worth for £25, let me know if you want it?

I got it when hosting my website with 123-reg, I don't think the adword campaign has to be linked to my website. Anyway, it is valid until the 18th if you want it, not sure if adwords will help or not.

I backed this kickstarter right at the start, not sure if I mentioned it

Good luck, there is still plenty of time if you can get a break somewhere with some publicity.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 04:32
Backed!

Vaseem Valentine

£15 for now

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 22:10
I think with the success of the Elite remake getting its funding and the publicity that has got (it's made the BBC news website for instance) then I can see more people looking at the Kickstarter website. I've also backed a game called War For The Overworld which has also reached its target. So I'm hoping that when these two games are released people will see that good games can come out of Kickstarter and make people more comfortable with the process (in all honesty, I don't see it as any greater risk than buying a game you haven't read a review for or have pre-ordered purely on previews and hype).

Having had a good old browse a Kickstarter, looking for other UK games I might like to support, I think the page that you and TGC have put together is very good. I think the content and presentation look professional, not something that feels like a hobby or wishful thinking.

I hope you complete the game, regardless of funding and AAA graphics (I've played the demo and really enjoyed it) and maybe with a finished game it would be easier to create the community needed to get the funding for another game. Either way, I wish you the best of luck.

one of these days I'll come up with a better signature
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 04:46
Fallout I just emailed Rick for the status... so will refrain from asling for it here >_<

But I am curious where you are at the moment... I made my Pledge over a week ago and I was number 31... so I hope you could make some updates to the project as I really would like to get that game soon!

Hope to see this kick into action soon!

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 19:34
Hi guys. See the other thread for the update on Carnage. It's a shame but it's the only sensible decision for me at this time. Your backing and support was very much appreciated though and won't be forgotten. At least you'll have a funky badge that nobody else will ever have!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:42:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:42:31