Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / DBConn - some questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 00:25
1) where can I now download the latest versions? the links on the DBConn threads no longer work and the site link is dead...

2) can I use DBConn with SQLite?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 01:59 Edited at: 13th Dec 2012 02:02
WLGfx Has something you may find useful in the works recently...

EDIT

But I was unsure whether you were looking for DBC or DBP support...

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 02:01 Edited at: 13th Dec 2012 02:05
@ MrValentine,

Cheers!

I seem to be going around in circles on databases.

Learning c# is a breath of fresh air in comparison!

[edit]

I tagged that thread already - if I made a game where I used that mySQL plugin, wouldn't the player/installer of the game need to also install mySQL to play the game? (this is of course presuming I ever finish programming the game!!!)

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 02:16
umm, you should have a remotely accessible database setup, the process on that thread is for local testing...

Quote: "Learning c# is a breath of fresh air in comparison!"

Totally!

Quote: "I seem to be going around in circles on databases."

Join the bandwagon ^^ although I seem to have MySQL in the bag sadly not quite PHP via DBP yet... pesky HTTP commands, but looks like DarkNet 2.0.2 may have a solution for me

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 02:20
@ MrValentine,

Everything database is new to me...

Quote: "umm, you should have a remotely accessible database setup, the process on that thread is for local testing..."

So, assuming I am an idiot (accurate btw), I want to create a new mySQL database just in my game folder - what is the relevance then of host$?

I've gone to that mySQL workbench thing, it wants a similar host$ like field, as does the software I have to convert MS Access or SQLite to mySQL...??

Do I need any other software/drivers to use the mySQL plugin for DBPro?

Some sample dbpro code gratefully received....

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 02:32 Edited at: 13th Dec 2012 02:33
As I said earlier, I currently have little success with external SQL databases with DBP have you not looked at DarkData or STYX yet? With STYX you can use XML files or INI or even CSV!

I get the feeling your database is just for offline play, so an SQL database might prove useless for you... Maybe check Matrix1Utils for XML features if you do not have the above

EDIT

Quote: "So, assuming I am an idiot (accurate btw),"

Aren't we all?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:07:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:07:40