Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / AGK for iOS Splash Screen, Icon and Project Name

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2012 19:06
I'm trying to figure out how to remove the AppGameKit splash screen (default.png) from my project. I've deleted it, but when I run the simulator it still pops up. When I attempted to add my own splash screen, the program became a small square in the top left corner, so I just deleted it all and started over so that I'm back in square one with it since I couldn't get it back to where it was. Same goes for the icon and project title Template. I've changed the Project Name to my games title, replaced the icon.png with my own icon, and it's still the defaults. When I try to change the product name in xcode, the simulator says it's running, and then immediately finishes.

I've attached 3 screen shots from my environment, in case that helps.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PaulTR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2012 19:07
Whoops, only posted one screen shot. The one in the original post shows it coming up right in the side bar, just not on the simulator.

Attachments

PaulTR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2012 19:08
Third shot

Attachments

PaulTR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 09:50
Alright! I got the icon and project name set correctly, and added a splash screen. The last issue I have before trying to get it onto iTunes is that the splash screen is rotated 90 degrees, like it were expecting portrait mode. I've set it to only expect landscape right and left orientations, but here's a screen shot of what I'm getting:

And here's my target info page:

tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 00:03 Edited at: 28th Dec 2012 05:57
which version of AppGameKit do you use?

tricky with it, splashscreen is showed up only as 'portrait', so I would suggest rotating your default.png 90 degrees CCW

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
As Tornado mentions, the splash image for iPhone/iPod only supports a portrait image. You will simply have to rotate the actual image 90' so it'll appear to be landscape on the device (it should be 640x960 for retina, 320x480 for regular, and 640x1136 if supporting iPhone 5).
gsdblack
Years of Service
User Offline
How did you get the splash and icon to work?
tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
By naming them Default.png and icon.png and placing in application folder, I would suggest.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 16:26
In the Summary section for your Xcode when you click on your project name under TARGETS, there are areas to select the splash images and icons - App Icons and Launch Images. And there are separate sections for both iPhone and iPad.

You right click on the space for the icon/image and select one that you have in your project directory and Xcode will copy and name it as appropriate. Make sure to pick images of the correct resolution and orientation for each icon/image.

This Apple guideline will show you the required and recommended images/icons. If you don't provide the required ones, your app will get rejected.

If your app is a landscape only one, like mine, it helps to make the Portrait images based on simply rotating your Landscape ones. That's what I do. So, even if the app hasn't finished changing orientation and the user is holding it in portrait, it looks correct.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
gsdblack
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks AL your the best!!
tornado
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:13:19