Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Star Trek:TOS Kit from Cosmic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 04:59 Edited at: 24th Dec 2012 05:33

Hi all, Happy Holidays! Here is my Holiday gift to everyone. The Star Trek Starship construction kit.
A fan pack that can be used to create your own "Star Trek The Original Series" starship game levels.

As with most of my packs there is a ton of goodies, and extras included. Including an awesome collection of trek weapons,and equiptment by our forum friend "Starmind". Plus additional entities by Bluefox, Willow, VoicesDark, and Gorn creature sounds by Nickydude, And special door scripts by Blackfox.

So be sure to thank them as well, for they're fine work on this project.

This pack contains:

445 prop entities
8 Character entities
83 segments
18 weapon entities

You can grab it at the Northern Fox media Website. The pack is free, and for Non-Commercial use Only!! This is a fan pack, and is intended as a non- profit resource for fans to make they're own non- profit fan games only!!

Please read the "read me" for details about alternate usage rights, Thanks!

Enjoy! and Happy Holidays.

Here's the required thread screen shots.

[b]Links:

http://www.northernfoxmedia.com/index.php?option=downloads&catid=68&order=0&otype=0&Itemid=0&page=5

Back from the Wasteland.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 05:14
Thanks to all for their hard work and efforts on this pack. And thank you Cosmic and Willow for taking time to create these community packs. It is appreciated.

Have a great Christmas!!

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 05:49 Edited at: 24th Dec 2012 05:49
Happy Christmas to all of you
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 07:55
Thank you very much great work as always, Merry xmas to you and your family!

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 08:48
Thanks a million man ! Brilliant work as always!

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 09:38
awesome, thanks.

mk83 Productions
XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 09:49
Best sci-fi pack that i have ever seen!

Thanks!

-
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 11:29
Supa dupa Theme Pack and thanks to all involved you have all done a super job on this.
Happy Christmas to all.
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 12:25
I've never really gotten into, nor even watched Star-trek, but the models most definitely look great!
I also love the prefab model of the ship interior (I personally try to avoid using segments where possible).

Regards

Profolence < (Credit to XDwannesXD)

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 17:03
Cosmic Prophet
Thank You for all the hard work you do for this community and ask nothing in return. This is truly appreciated.
Have a very Merry Christmas. Thank You again!
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work on this! Have a great holiday!!

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 17:39
Best Xmas Ever!! Thank you Cosmic and Willow and Everyone else included on the making of this Pack.

Cosmic Prophet, the offer still stands. Cold Beer, Raw Meet and all the Models you can make located in my Man Cave.

Just let me know when you are ready.

PAIN!

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 18:59 Edited at: 24th Dec 2012 19:01
Thanks everyone. Have fun with the pack. As a last minute addition, here is an alternate entity for the tribeam ladder. Just drag these into the ladders folder, and replace all when asked. This replaces the "D" textures for the original with the proper alpha channel, and adds a prop without the invisible ramp. I could not get this ladder working right with the ramp. Maybe some of you would do better by adding a script, Or you can just use it as a piece of scenery.

Again thanks all. Happy Holidays!

Download here----------------------------------------------->

Back from the Wasteland.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 19:51
Thank you for this pack, very useful for stellar projects.
The characters are beautiful,even the weapons.

Tax

Sorry but I use a translator
lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2012 01:41
Thank you!

Lyonia Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2012 23:02
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU RUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE!Is there Jean-Luc Picard evolved?

Lyonia 4 Life
Mr Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2012 10:01
Merry Christmas and thanks for this pack. Could someone upload map file?

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2012 21:29 Edited at: 26th Dec 2012 21:30
Here's a few test maps. They may, or may not be complete or usable, depending on the version of FPSC you use. But they should give you an idea of how to put stuff together. be sure to read the Manual for instructions on how to build the more complex rooms.

Note: I plan to make several expansions that will include more specific rooms and areas of the ship. Mainly those located in the lower decks.

Back from the Wasteland.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2012 21:41
Quote: "Here's a few test maps. They may, or may not be complete or usable, depending on the version of FPSC you use. But they should give you an idea of how to put stuff together."

I added this download (map levels) to the pack page with the other two, Dale. This way they will be available.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2012 21:46
Thanks Mike! Right on top of things as always. It's almost spooky.

Back from the Wasteland.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2012 21:49
Quote: "Thanks Mike! Right on top of things as always. It's almost spooky."

Naw, it was a disturbance in the Force. Thanks to my new sidekick I got for Christmas. You'll have to check out the Christmas album we posted on FaceBook to see what I refer to.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2012 21:52
On my way!

Back from the Wasteland.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 02:17
Amazing amazing amazing work. Many thanks to you Cosmic and everyone who was involved with it!

And Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all !

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Mr Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 08:18
Thanks CP

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Truly brilliant as always Cosmic. Many, many thanks to everyone involved in this.

SC
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 10:48 Edited at: 27th Dec 2012 10:59
I really do not like putting non commercial items on my computer as someday I will mess up and accidentally use something, and being I am a fan of the Trek from way back how do I get a license to use this or parts of it please?

Kinda like the Cutter- NEXT LEVEL is non commercial and I have sent email for instructions to get a licence and have not heard anything.

See I downloaded a game pack from a site in Europe and was told it was Cosmic Prophet's so I sent a email to the creator that said he made the pack and Lee suggested I not use it and I am still waiting for a resolution on that so the bottom line is I do not want problems.

So I only use things I can get a commercial license for.

Gosh this is beautiful Cosmic Prophet!

CID
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 17:25 Edited at: 28th Dec 2012 00:31
Thanks Cp and wilolow Merry Christmas
and a Merry Christmas to all.

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 18:09
CID,

If your above post has Pictures. I can not see them. I only see a big grey spot.

PAIN!

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Naw, it was a disturbance in the Force."

Wrong franchise. (I only kid).

Thanks for the pack guys! I do have a question about the license as well though. Let's assume that I don't do a complete retexture of the model but erase anything that may point to Star Trek itself, then am I in the clear?

I don't plan to use everything or make a starship for that matter. Some of these model would look really good with my futuristic level designs. I know that me taking anything to a commercial level is highly unlikely (do to my need to be a perfectionist) but I don't like to work knowing I have limits.

Best wishes and Happy New Year.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 19:30
If you are planning to use in a commercial development, you will need to do a complete retexture. By failing to do that, then the limits are very clear and you are restricted to Non-Commercial only.

Star Trek is under the current ownership of Paramount Pictures/CBS, so you can contact them for further information/permissions. Even though the models were made by a local artist and is considered "fan based", you will need the appropriate permissions to use commercially.

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 20:03
Quote: "BlackFox
FPSC Master

[FPSC Master]
[FPSC Master]

Posted: 27th Dec 2012 20:30
If you are planning to use in a commercial development, you will need to do a complete retexture. By failing to do that, then the limits are very clear and you are restricted to Non-Commercial only.

Star Trek is under the current ownership of Paramount Pictures/CBS, so you can contact them for further information/permissions. Even though the models were made by a local artist and is considered "fan based", you will need the appropriate permissions to use commercially."

Thank you BlackFox, that I can do, I was worried about the actual
Direct x models.
Does anyone have a contact for Cutter- NEXT LEVEL?

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 22:48 Edited at: 28th Dec 2012 20:08
Meows: I have been a fan since the series first aired. There have been "many" fan based mods made for a bunch of different engines, all made by fans all over the world. I still have those that were made for the original DOOM many years ago.

This originally was intended as such. It let's fans build a themed game for they're personal use, and pleasure, Not for distribution as a stand alone release. That's what a Fan Game is.

It can be used in "any" engine you like, It is not just for FPSC. It is not intended for commercial use in "any" way.

Do not try to sell a Star Trek, or any other fan based game you make without the written permission of the copyright owners.

If you wish to use some of the models for other unrelated projects, You can, but they "must" be altered as to not reflect the themed usage.

This issue has been discussed here, and on other game engine forums before. And it overwhelmingly comes down to this...

Use all media responsibly, and "do not" try to produce any commercial or "for profit" games that are based on any copyright themes without proper permissions. Failure to do so may lead to undesirable legal consequences.

Mods: This thread may be locked. And if required, "Removed" as The Game creators do not endorse Fan based media, and I do not wish to stir up any contriversial issues that may result from it.

Thank you all, and "Happy holidays".

Back from the Wasteland.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 23:31 Edited at: 27th Dec 2012 23:35
Quote: "Use all media responsibly, and "do not" try to produce any commercial or "for profit" games that are based on any copyright themes without proper permissions. Failure to do so may lead to undesirable legal consequences."

Or the Klingon's dressed in black knocking on your door.

On a side note, Dale's readme is very clear and tells what can or can't be done. That protects him, and there is no "gray area" (example- half textures, etc). People that use the media are responsible to follow the rules and know what they can or can't do. Artists that make "fan based" media should not have to hold the hands of the users that wish to use media. It is not hard to do a little research and know exactly what can and can't be done.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 09:30
Truely a great and much appreciated gift!
I hope you take a look at my future project where I intend to use these Retextured appropriately to fit your license of course!

Happy Holidays!

-Wolf

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks CP

Looking forward to playing with these. Your work is always great.
Happy 2013 - may you have many fruitful modeling hours.

Eugene
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Omg!!as always, Cosmic has done it again!! wow..Truly Fantastic work as always Cosmic! Many, many thanks to everyone involved in this project. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

Cheers,
Tanya.

I hope all have a Great day!
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 21:47
Meh, nothing wrong going here. User's just need to use common sense when using the media.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2012 02:31
Cool! Thanks Josh. I've also been informed that Northern Fox has cleared it through proper channels, and we're good all around. Many thanks. All our love to you folks from Cosmic,and Willow.

Back from the Wasteland.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 22:05 Edited at: 29th Jan 2013 22:09
I'm building a game using these assets. I re-read the license and I'm sure in how I can use this media. I intend to remove any reference to Star Trek where it may be located. I intend to use such media as to where it is never in question that it may be a Star Trek themed game.

And to clarify, I know how copyrights and everything work. I just want to be clear with the community in the intentions of using these great models. I just didn't want to use it and then get bomb-shelled by BlackFox and Cosmic. I have common sense about me and know ways in which to use your fine models in a legal way.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 15:17
I've changed the thread title so this thread will come up for anyone searching for Star Trek, hope that's ok CP, if not I'll change the thread title back.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 15:52 Edited at: 30th Jan 2013 16:56
Dale, maybe ask the mod to change it to Star Trek:TOS Kit instead of Star Trek set. This way if you do another set down the road (for example- Star Trek:TNG Kit,etc), we can distinguish what is what in a search, and it matches the name you have it under on our site for downloading.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 19:44
Done.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 21:50
Thanks Guys! No problem as I see it. Whatever is best for all, is fine by me.

In the future, if you guys think such changes are a benifit, go right ahead and do what you feel is best. Don't worry about what I might think, I know you guys have my back, and I trust you to make such changes as you see fit. Your my friends, and I take comfort in knowing I don't have to worry about such things.

All my love to you guys! Your pal always, Dale.

Back from the Wasteland.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:24:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:24:00