Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Replicore/Cry of the Infected 2

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK
Posted: 2nd Jan 2013 22:23 Edited at: 7th Mar 2013 18:38
This is 2 projects I started to make, but didn't get to continue it. The game is on hold, like a ton of my other projects, but still I think I will bring this back up in the future.

-Nic

(The banners are placeholders)

Hi all. I've talked with Luke (Cyborg Arm Games), and he has allowed me to make both COTI and REPLICORE 2. I will do it, but not both of them at the same time. I have been working on COTI 2 a bit, Replicore not that much, and yeah heres some proof that Luke actually did allow me:

Cry of the Infected 2

Story:
The story follows Aaron Sideburg (from COTI 1) in the same story as the first one with a large twist. Aaron looses contact with his troop and tries to make his own way through the city. He doesn't really want to kill alot of the infected, so he tries communicating with them. He sees Robert in a window, and tries to follow him. "I thought I heard him talk..." - Aaron. He continues on his way following Robert, and successfully manages to stop him and talk with him. You also play as Pete Williams, another almost-infected which has lost eerything, and has no idea what to do or where to go. Aaron finds non-infected civillians in several apartment buildings, and helps them out. Robert continues on to the Bioterrace to find his wife, while Aaron helps other people and finds Pete. - not done with the story yet, and I guess this WILL change -

- More info will come about Replicore 2 soon! -

...but heres a sneak peak:

~Nic

http://www.niclauke.com
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2013 23:05
Well, the first problem I see is that you're not done with the story yet. You'll want to have the story done before you start, and definitely plan ahead for the levels. Of course, you can add story here and there as you develop the levels, but planning things out before you start is a good idea and will make sure you don't just give up before you really get started.

Also, when picking up where someone else left off, make absolutely sure it doesn't stray too much from the original game. I haven't played either, but I know Cry of the Infected 1 had you play as a zombie, so why are you playing as a military man here?

The screenshots aren't so great. In the first one, the room is either too big or too empty. It looks to be an apartment, so wouldn't it naturally look lived in at one point? Why is there an industrial ceiling light and light switch? What are those boards on the ground doing there?
Why is there a lone stall in the second screenshot? I have never seen a one-holer with a stall, nor a shelf in the middle of a bathroom like that. The shelf was clearly burned at one point, and the rest of the room looks charred. But why is the stall completely unscathed? The box next to it looks perfectly fine, as well.
The walls in the third screenshot are incredibly empty. Even a few bloodstains or scuff marks would really enhance the scene. The door looks completely and utterly out of place. A pristine sci-fi door with a room like that? It simply looks bad, especially when in the first screenshot there is a totally rusted out door on the other side of the room.

Cheesehead for life.
ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2013 23:43 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2013 23:44
Quote: "Well, the first problem I see is that you're not done with the story yet. You'll want to have the story done before you start, and definitely plan ahead for the levels. Of course, you can add story here and there as you develop the levels, but planning things out before you start is a good idea and will make sure you don't just give up before you really get started. "

I was done, but something just didn't seem right so I had to cut out a part. I have the plan in my head how the game is layout, and alot of the concept is done.

Quote: "Also, when picking up where someone else left off, make absolutely sure it doesn't stray too much from the original game. I haven't played either, but I know Cry of the Infected 1 had you play as a zombie, so why are you playing as a military man here? "

In the original COTI, there was a man named Aaron in the story. He was friendly against the zombies, but Cry of the Infected 2 there is a bit of a twist.

Quote: "The screenshots aren't so great. In the first one, the room is either too big or too empty. It looks to be an apartment, so wouldn't it naturally look lived in at one point? Why is there an industrial ceiling light and light switch? What are those boards on the ground doing there? "

It's a corridor in another building. (not apartment)

Quote: "Why is there a lone stall in the second screenshot? I have never seen a one-holer with a stall, nor a shelf in the middle of a bathroom like that. The shelf was clearly burned at one point, and the rest of the room looks charred. But why is the stall completely unscathed? The box next to it looks perfectly fine, as well. "

Before I made the pictures, I totally forgot that. (and there should be more stalls there, I agree.)
Updated version:

Quote: "The walls in the third screenshot are incredibly empty. Even a few bloodstains or scuff marks would really enhance the scene. The door looks completely and utterly out of place. A pristine sci-fi door with a room like that? It simply looks bad, especially when in the first screenshot there is a totally rusted out door on the other side of the room.
"

I thought people liked that scifi door as an elevator door, but It didn't seem so. I know it's a bit empty, I agree. I'll get to add some more blood stains and add improved screens tomorrow.

Oh, and thanks for the comments. It helps me make the game better.

- Nic
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2013 02:06
Quote: "I was done, but something just didn't seem right so I had to cut out a part. I have the plan in my head how the game is layout, and alot of the concept is done."

That's good to hear. Make sure to put the ideas onto something tangible... a notepad, word document, anything so that you can constantly edit, expand, and most importantly not forget the good ideas.

The updated screen looks a lot better. Keep up the good work

Cheesehead for life.
ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2013 07:42
Quote: "That's good to hear. Make sure to put the ideas onto something tangible... a notepad, word document, anything so that you can constantly edit, expand, and most importantly not forget the good ideas. "

Yeah

Quote: "The updated screen looks a lot better. Keep up the good work "

Thanks!

~Nic
ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2013 16:05
Here is some new updated screens of COTI 2.

(I am also updating the story really soon)

~Nic
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 01:28
The first screen looks pretty good, but that may or may not be pure white light. Regardless, the texture on the lightsource is yellow, so try adding a little bit of a yellow tint to the lights.
The second screen doesn't look much different, but it didn't look bad to begin with, so good job there
The walls definitely look pretty naked in the third screen, but it looks pretty good otherwise.

Cheesehead for life.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:23:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:23:36