Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / [BlueGUI] Invisible panel background?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 18:29
Hey everybody,

I'm again rebuilding my level editor and I am working with multiple viewports (Like 3D World Studio, Valve Hammer Editor, etc.). Now to make it all pretty in a windows environment I use BlueGUI for the interface.

I can use panels with different border styles to make 'sepperators' for each viewport, but in the end it looks messy in the corners. Draw camera-to-image for a background for a panel will make the app too slow, especially with multiple ports I think.

So is there a way to make the background of a panel (not the borders) completely invisible so the camera view becomes visible?

Thanks!

Regards Sph!nx
www.mental-image.net
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 18:56
Quote: "So is there a way to make the background of a panel (not the borders) completely invisible so the camera view becomes visible?"

PNG? [Alternatively 4 individual images around the border of each camera panel...]

Why do you not disable updating the camera to image until the user activates it, as they can only work on one panel at a time anyway... and only make updates once the user has moved, shaped an object on the other panels once they stop... not during, I believe this is the same behaviour in 3DWS...

I hope this helps... if not I am very confused with this thread but felt compelled to write something I felt was related >.<

Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 19:04 Edited at: 4th Jan 2013 19:05
Thanks for your reply. English is not my native language so I sometimes have trouble finding the right descriptions.

Well, I meant a panel created in BleuGui. I gave that panel an full transparant image background and it make the whole thing, including the borders invisible. The panels needs to be able to be resized with the window.

If I would choose to use a 'draw-camera-to-image' method, pick object commands would not work, right?

Regards Sph!nx
www.mental-image.net
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 19:09
Quote: "If I would choose to use a 'draw-camera-to-image' method, pick object commands would not work, right?"

I have yet to experiment with this technique, might be in the next few days ironically...

As this is related to BGui... try the main thread... might get faster answers there...

Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 19:18
Thanks, Ill take a look.

Regards Sph!nx
www.mental-image.net
Manson_NS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 15:29
Actually Brendy boy has made this dead easy:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=194499&b=8

All you need to do is feed his commands the windowsHandle() of your panel or window.
To realy make a neat code, you should use the Matrix1 plugin, which provides Events for the swapchain - effectively allowing you to set the right target surface for the individual cameras.

I am doing it with without seeing any signifigant loss in framerate
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 16:03
Wow, thank you very much!

Regards Sph!nx
www.mental-image.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:00:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:00:46