Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Alternate Corno

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 18:28 Edited at: 31st Mar 2013 23:46

Alternate Corno

Developer: Corno_1
Developer: danieleman
Engine: FPSC x9 1.2 BETA15

Storyline: We write 2093. UAB (United Attack Bits, a group of hackers) want to infiltrade a source code into a virus. This should cure Alternate Corno, a fatal illness. You are an Inspector and should supervise the industry. You go to the firm to look for production faults. And here the game begins. After the janitor tells something about a mysterious order and then you are hit by the Instructor into coma. In this coma you dream that you are an American ww2 soldier who wakes in one of SS soldiers occupied house. After you has really woken, you must delete the program code to stop the virus production because you has found out that this program code is programmed by some evil persons.

Credits:
danieleman(for the help, for the custom stuff and for the compiling)
PW Productions(for the great scifi pack)
Cosmic Prophet(for all the great stuff)

Features:
-a lot of Scripts
-custom huds
-decisions
-personal assisstent

Levels:
ready for beta tests
at work
not started

First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth

Screenshots:

Beta Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTr_R-2tYMo

With the help of danieleman I will release this game(Thank you)

Comment of danieleman:
Quote: "So far "meet and greet" level is great because the style of gameplay. Although Alternate Corno always use stock models and media but it doesn't mean the game is bad. I actually love Alternate Corno because of the gameplay that is rarely seen in FPSC Forum."

I hope we can present a gameplay video and a demo soon, if all buggs and performance laggs go away.

other comments are appreciated

Corno_1 and danieleman

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Corno,

your game doesn't look much like bad graphics at all. Bring light shaders on for your lamp entities (illumination maps), change the ceiling to be different from the floor and you're good to go.

Quote: "This game will be never released!"

Okay... so what's the point?

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Okay... so what's the point?"

I just have Fpsc Free! I can not compile a game with it.

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 04:09
Quote: "I just have Fpsc Free!"

Oh d-d-d-dear! All this time and only the free version? What's holding you back?

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Oh d-d-d-dear! All this time and only the free version? What's holding you back?"

First Fpsc is just a hobby of me.
Second I wait for Fpsc Reloaded.
Third (and the most important) TGC not support a download version or german market version or steam version... So there is no possibility for me to buy it...

I hope that FPSC reloaded will be on amazone and then I will buy it. Maybe this will be released then.

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 21:33
Actually, for stock assets the graphics don't look bad and the lighting is good.

I think gameplay is the most important aspect of a game. I would offer to compile it but my internet is far too slow to download/upload anything large.

Anyway, I would like to see this progress so I could eventually play it.

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2013 00:06
Quote: "TGC not support a download version or german market version or steam version"

TGC gives everyone a downloadable version immediately when the order is confirmed, though I do understand when you say you are waiting for reloaded. Your atmosphere is extremely good, some of the best lighting I've seen.

Available for freelance work, hard surface 3d artist and current generation game artist. Contact me through email.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
@Landman ok maybe I will send you my first two levels. You can play it as a beta tester, but it needs a lot of scripts and tweaks

@Design Runner I will not buy FPSC. I am a student and so this is not possible!

Corno_1

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
@landman I did not have a email from you so please sent me one if you are intersted in beta testing

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
So a new stories is up. Hope it is good (also good englisch)

I will develope the game further, even I must study

Corno_1

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Is anyone intersted in this project? If not I will not develop it futher

If it is, I need a partner/beta tester! Thanks in advance

Corno_1

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 17:39 Edited at: 13th Feb 2013 17:41
the third level start point(wip):

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
What is that? Some sort of interrogation room in that last shot?

Your use of stock media is quite nice really. Though I'm a bit confused as to what's happening in that shot of the yellowish room with the statues. What are those doing there?

Also, tell those lights in the dining hall looking scene to use illuminationmap.fx! If you're using shaders that is.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "interrogation room"

Yes, and you will be in bonds on chair
Quote: "Though I'm a bit confused as to what's happening in that shot of the yellowish room with the statues. "

You wake up the first time
Quote: "tell those lights in the dining hall looking scene to use illuminationmap.fx!"

done

Corno_1

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Updated first post.
I hope the screenshots are nice.

I will start soon with level 4 and 5. This are the last levels of the game and the first levels where you have a gun. I will write a good AI, so the npcs react in a good way. I hope this is not a too big promisse.

Have a nice day

Corno_1

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
The first two screenshots look interesting, to say the least. They have a nice warm feel to them. I will be interested to see what you guys do with this one.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2013 21:33
This looks great! Best of luck to you.
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2013 23:30 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2013 23:31
I agree with Astech, your lighting has a nice warm glow to it, most apparent in the first(?) shot with the ww2 segs.

Although, in that same shot, you've got the same floor and ceiling texture. I'd be hard pressed to remember anywhere I've seen that has floor tiles on the ceiling

The only other thing that jumps right out is how you can definitely tell that for each of the 2 lights on either side, you put 1 light in between them.
I understand maybe it's to save some memory, but there's the giant glare in the middle of the floor and ceiling. Try to lower the light intensity or better yet, use 2 lights for each of the lamps.

Keep up the good work, I'm interested to see what else you do with it.

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2013 03:20
Quote: "Although, in that same shot, you've got the same floor and ceiling texture. I'd be hard pressed to remember anywhere I've seen that has floor tiles on the ceiling"

I'd say much the same. Yet I myself am guilty of this, it's always something to say.

You're lighting does feel quite right as well. Good use of the stock media, this is looking good.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
danieleman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2013 13:52 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2013 13:55
Quote: "The first two screenshots look interesting, to say the least. They have a nice warm feel to them. I will be interested to see what you guys do with this one"

Thanks Astech,we really appreciate your comments.Thank you again.

Quote: "This looks great! Best of luck to you. "

Thank you PixelF for your nice word.Thank you again.

Quote: "I agree with Astech, your lighting has a nice warm glow to it, most apparent in the first(?) shot with the ww2 segs.

Although, in that same shot, you've got the same floor and ceiling texture. I'd be hard pressed to remember anywhere I've seen that has floor tiles on the ceiling

The only other thing that jumps right out is how you can definitely tell that for each of the 2 lights on either side, you put 1 light in between them.
I understand maybe it's to save some memory, but there's the giant glare in the middle of the floor and ceiling. Try to lower the light intensity or better yet, use 2 lights for each of the lamps.

Keep up the good work, I'm interested to see what else you do with it."

Thank you for your good comments and critics,we will continue to improve this game for now.Thanks again.

Quote: "I'd say much the same. Yet I myself am guilty of this, it's always something to say.

You're lighting does feel quite right as well. Good use of the stock media, this is looking good"

Thank you for your comments Burger,we really appreciate it.Thanks again.

Here's a video of Alternate Corno "Beta". This video shows some features in Alternate Corno and your assistant "robot".Your assistant is helpful but sometimes funny and annoying if you ask me( I think this robot is so cute ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTr_R-2tYMo

That's all for today guys.

MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD LIKE YOURS.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Ähm hello,
here is Corno_1.
I need some inspiration, because I am a little bored of scripting.
Please give me some tips what you never seen before in a FPSC-Game and you want to see. Anything is possible

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Mar 2013 21:12
Growing and shrinking. So you can shrink to the size of a mouse and go into small spaces. Just a random thought.

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Growing and shrinking."

Sorry I not implement this.

So the game is ready to compile. I finished it. It isn´t that what I want, but it is what it is.

Now everthing is up to danieleman

Watch for a showcase thread.

Corno_1

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
All bugs are fixed now. It is compiled and we release it soon.
So watch for the showcase thread.
It would be nice if you play it and comment in the showcase thread.

Thanks for your interest so far.

Corno_1

danieleman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 18:27 Edited at: 7th Apr 2013 18:27
Alternate Corno has been release.Thanks for following our development of this game,we really appreciate it.

SHOWCASE

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=204699&b=35&p=0

FROM
Daniel&Corno

MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD LIKE YOURS.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:36:01
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:36:01