Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Guest House - New Arena map... Now rethinking gameplay

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 06:24
Guest House - New Arena map... Now rethinking gameplay

So I started to build a new arena map. I had the intentions of it being purely Multiplayer based correct? Well im reading through the game manual about the Arena mode and it is now starting to sound more like a normal game, but playable by 2 people?

Im pretty confused about this map and how it goes down. Either way, WHAT IS THIS ARENA MODE?? Im confused.

I will constantly upload more images of its progress.

As for now, here is the basic skeleton of the map.

Let me know what you think (of course, I know all you folks want to see more in the map, and I will share, i just need more time.)

When the darkness falls...
... we arise

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 07:07
Hey Siphon_Studios, you might want to take a look this thread and revise the layout of your existing one:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=171003&b=25

Arena mode is multiplayer, and can handle 6-8 players in stock FPSC (I think).

And about the picture you've already provided, you may want to balance the map out by connecting all of the paths. Dead ends in multiplayer can often lead to predictable and unfair spawns, so always give the player a chance to choose routes. Just a thought

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
Siphon_Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 07:21
@Burger
Looking at it more, I see what you mean. How do you recommend I just connect the two dead ends? I dont want a random tunnel, I want it to be realistic. I was thinking the middle is a guest room or gathering room, the top right is a dining hall, left is a kitchen, above the gathering room and slightly to the right is going to be an art gallery, between the kitchen and the gathering room is a locked storage room that holds something that can turn the tables of an unfair multiplayer match.

So how should I connect them? Have them both go to an upstares area with bedrooms?

Btw, this game is like Call of Duty's search and destroy mode, but instead of destrying the objective with one life, you survive the longest with one life and you not only hide, but kill others who also hide. What you are hiding from is something Im not gonna say, but it should really cool.

When the darkness falls...
... we arise

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 22:18:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 22:18:08