Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Enemies pointing the gun at the player but shooting elswehere

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello to all who read this!

So I have this problem. Enemies aim the gun at the player, but the shots hit elsewhere (usually behind them, on the walls) not on the player. Would anyone be so kind to help me with this problem? Thanks in advance!
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 21:25 Edited at: 1st Feb 2013 22:05
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Fortunately, this is not a bug! I would suggest posting this in the DarkBASIC Professional Discussion board, or the Newcomers DBPro Corner board along with some source code to show what you've got implemented. Not only are you more likely to get help, but it won't clutter up the boards with non-related threads. DBP in FPSC, 3D in 2D, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

My guess is possibly a collision/raycast issue? Not sure. Have to see what you've got going on in the code.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
0Skeleton0
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thanks for the intel, and sorry for "clutter up the boards with non-related threads."

But can you please help me: where can i find this code that you mentioned?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:13:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:13:42