Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / Escaping the dark horror

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2013 21:26 Edited at: 29th Jul 2014 01:17
game story: Derek, a typical security guard at a warehouse, was driving home from work one foggy night. The fog itself is impenetrable and cold on this long torpid winding road. Suddenly, out of no where, a masked figure with a long black robe appeared out of no where. Swerving off the road to avoid hitting it, Derek veered down an embankment striking a tree and fell unconscious.

Derek later awoke still in the pitch blackness of the night trying to piece together what had just happened and if he was even alive. He looks around trying to get an ideal of where he is but the fog is so dense. He feels around and finds a flash light in the glove compartment. Derek opens the door and climbs out to asses the damages of his vehicle as well as to see how far off the road he veered from. He’s screwed! His entire front end of his car is completely wrecked from the crash and will not start, let alone turn on. But Shhhh… In the mist of the dense fog is a horrifying growl; but from what beast? His heart skips beats in terror.

It’s getting closer and louder. It sounds hungry or angry. Derek can hear from a small distance leaves ruffling and can tell that this beast is no small animal. Quickly he makes a run for it in the opposing direction of the growl hoping to escape it. He thinks to himself, could this be the same thing he saw on the road before he crashed? He knew he didn’t want to stop and find out.

Running, for what seemed like forever, he makes it out of the woods and onto an open field and stops running. then fire rises around him blocking his every direction.then the grim reaper appears out of no where in front of him.

this is the full game enjoy.
this game has been updated for improvement. the loading and other things are a lot better.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
charlie mcdowell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 01:28 Edited at: 8th Feb 2013 01:42
downloading now. ill rate it in a moment

charlie
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 01:04
downloading now. i'll give it a try this weekend.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello i really like this game its a lot of fun but i cant get past the second level i cant find any keys for the doors
anyway i uploaded a video of me completing the first level on youtube
hear it is if you want to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af63KGlv-lQ&feature=youtu.be

matthew
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 08:44
I'm having a problem. The second level won't load. The loading meter is stuck at the very end.

But the start really got me interested. I don't know what to expect from this.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 16:10 Edited at: 11th Feb 2013 16:18
alright finally some feed back.
@Metal Devil123 I dont know why you can't load the second level but I do have one ideal. did you die in the first level then tried to play again. if so beat the house level without dieing and the second should load just fine. something happens with fpsc when you reload it after the game is over. so for who die in the first level just exit out of the game and launch it again. you dont have to exit the Vishnu Packer just the game. I have clean as many bugs as I could but fpsc is known for these type of issues. i played the whole game on both of my computers one a 64 bit and the other is a 32bit. this game has been tested on other computers as well. which took the release of it longer. but I hope it works for you because the next levels if you can pass them are good. thanks for playing.

@GeuRCrayon Im glad you like it that is great feed back as I put a lot of time into this game.now for the second level the keys are in the classrooms green cabinets. each key is assign to a different door. I will give you this tip the last key is in the first classroom on the right but to open that door you get the the key for that door on the other side of the school. sorry cant tell you where then this will not be fun anymore.thanks for the video I hope you can get far in this game.

for all who play this i may have went a bit far in making this game hard to beat. my friend could not beat the first level as well. the reason for this i felt fpsc ai lacks and that would ruin the game play. so to make up for it I made it challenging. if any did get far will know the gun is limited. meaning you will have to know when and when not to use the gun and use the crowbar instead. i have to put out more tips. because want everyone to see the work that was put into making this game. I dont think its the best fpsc game made but it is one of the best fpsc game with a different style to it. well cant wait to get more feed back on this as i am working on some other ideas for this.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 19:16
Quote: " did you die in the first level then tried to play again"

Well, seeing how in the first level you just walk up to the grim reaper and talk to him, I don't even know how you could die. But I see you're not counting that as the first actual level. In that case: The first level won't load.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 19:34 Edited at: 12th Feb 2013 15:10
I was thinking you was talking about the house level after the reaper. but once again I dont know why it,s not working for you. what OS are you using? is it 64bit or 32bit? I have play you game never had a problem. all my levels are way under 185 gb. the house is 1603 mb.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
So I did give this a shot. Made it to the 2nd level after the reaper scene and promptly died to the first zombie .

Found combat quite difficult
(but that's because my silly man-ness told me I don't need to read no stinkin manual so I missed the part about how to dual-wield! So there I am frantically switching between clicking the light and flailing my crowbar around in the darkness... lol).

Anyway, I liked your level Layout and entity placement. However, some of the rooms still felt huge and cavernous with a lot of empty space (especially that storage/boiler room, where the last door is), whereas a house would be a little more populated.
I think what you had there was great, especially the foyer and dining room, so instead of populating the rooms with more stuff, make some of those emptyish rooms a little smaller.

I'll give this another proper play now that I'm aware that dual wielding is indeed a thing and how to do it.

I'll let you know how it goes!

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 23:15
thanks for the feed back. Im glad you got the dual weapon to work out for you. I hope you get far in the game.you got to see this level in motion

Welcome to SciFi Summer
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2013 23:13
this game has been updated for improvement. the loading and other things are a lot better.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2013 23:22
Sorry, but I cannot be bothered to click 3 different links just to get to the page to download this. That's one of my pet peeves about the internet. Why can't people just put up a link that takes you straight to downloading?

Priest of the Church of Joe Wood

In memory of Nanee. 9/1/1993 - 5/16/2009. Rest in Peace, little girl.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2013 02:24 Edited at: 24th Feb 2013 15:29
okay here is the link that takes you to the download.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2013 09:16
Quote: "The file you are trying to view (Escaping the dark horror - ETDH.zip) uploaded by mxstudio has been deleted and is no longer available. This may have occured at the uploaders request, or it may have occured because it violated the sites Terms of Use. If this is a mistake and you are the uploader of this file and would like it re-activated, please contact us with the details."

It says that one the site.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2013 15:28 Edited at: 26th Feb 2013 04:27
sorry about that I have done some bug fixes to the game and had to re-upload it. here is the new link. http://www.indiedb.com/downloads/escaping-the-dark-horror4

Welcome to SciFi Summer
jaropolk14
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2013 15:29
Unfortunately, game crashes at the end of first level, so I can't rate it adequately. But "abandoned school" is fine) IMHO, if monsters were more dangerous, respawns and player had less HPs, game would become more "survivish".

Try to run it on another PC later. I really want to see, what's next))
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2013 16:55
make sure you dont press f6 or f9 or update your directx.you are not allow to save or load this game this will cause it to crash.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:29:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:29:47