Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2013 02:24
So, for a month or so now, I've been trying to get physics into my game using DP. The problem I was having was large objects would totter around the level for a minute or two if large forces were added to them. Then once they did begin to slow down, they would rock for a good 10-30 sec. I had tried everything to fix this. I went through the help files applying all kinds of commands, etc. Then I messed around with the physics timing. I realized it had to be a timing issue. The only problem was the timing commands seemed to do jack no matter what I changed. Then I hit on the novel idea of updating physics multiple times manually. It worked! The physics work great now. So, I just wanted to let it be known that there seems to be an issue with the physics timing commands.

Thanks for your time.
-NSM

Formerly: Amo Deus Man
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 26th Feb 2013 03:05
Have you looked at the Materials Functions yet?

Non Sequitur M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2013 04:16
Yes, I have. My materials worked perfectly once I updated the physics more than once a frame. Which, by the by, was what fixed time physics are supposed to do! Lol. There are no errors now, as I am updating the physics a few times per frame. I am just wanting to make sure that Matty knows there is an error in the timing commands.

This is not a complaint as now that I've programmed in my own character controller, the physics simulation is magnifique! Thank you, Matty. Your addition of PhysX to DBP is one of the most important features around.

Formerly: Amo Deus Man
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 26th Feb 2013 09:11
DP or DD?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:15:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:15:11