Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / [STICKY] List of Games made with Dark Basic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Virtual Nomad:

I remember the old dark Basic site had a list of completed games right on the front page.
This list had inspired me a lot to go on using dark Basic as a developer tool.
Back then, I had only Little knowledge regarding programming and thought, if it is even possible to create something worthy with db.
The game list answered that question for me.

I find it unbelievable, that there is no such list on the game creators site anymore. I guess the creators are either sick of having new customers, or more likely don´t have enough time or Money to include a completed games list on their FrontPage.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 11th Jul 2013 21:28
@mrv, you missed the point where i believe TGC would be the ideal host. ie, the offer was directed to them.

otherwise, if i was going to support a user-based site by offering said time and energy, it would be chris tates' as i believe its a solid start.

if he should find time to develop its functionality further, including a submission approval/moderation system (sorry, i don't want to see fledgeling WIPs, for example, when we've already got a source for that), i'd consider returning to it as the need for an inclusive list of fully-functional db/dbpro games continues to exist.

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA . DBPro V7.7 . Matrix1Utils 05.27.12
AMD Phenom™ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 11th Jul 2013 21:56
Oooh I thought I missed something on this thread, yeah it looks good so far, albeit requiring some more work [Login Panel etc]

Not to worry I already have a project underway which can incorporate something similar at a later date, the more sites showcasing TGC Products, the better I suppose

Regarding submission I already have an upload centre which could be used in conjunction as it already works... they then just need the link for the downloads... Mine can act as an alternative mirror site... alternatively I can tell Chris how to set it up on his server as he has the minimum requirements too [Alternatively, users can just set up DropBox accounts ^^ as some already [Reggie] have... they can also make use of the massive Sky Drive space MS gives you

Great seeing all those listed on the start of this thread!

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 12:55
Th dbshowcase site is a waste of time - I submitted something to that months ago and nothing. Just leave it with it's dozen or so games and let it die a natural death.

I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more memes.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 15:15 Edited at: 12th Jul 2013 15:21
Quote: "Th dbshowcase site is a waste of time - I submitted something to that months ago and nothing"

I'm sorry Van B, most of the people posting new content where hackers posting ads. There was only one person contributing towards the content and my spare time is limited so I had to put it on hold until people started to take it more seriously.

The only way I can contribute towards the site is if people post up more content, otherwise all I will end up doing every hour is deleting hackers content and accounts and waiting for people to upload content.

I have been willing to pay for the host which offers a great deal of features waiting to be used; but sadly I can only do so much alone in my spare time.

If one person uploaded one game each month, with but 10 or 20 people doing so, then there would be almost 100 games on there now. And I see no problem with anyone here wanting to write up articles or any other content, after all it is your website.

I will unlock it and see what happens this time.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 15:49 Edited at: 18th Jul 2013 03:49
I will have to remove roughly 200 user accounts to activate the site; if I accidentally remove your account without recognizing your name I do apologize.

Edit: Site upgrade in progress, you may experience difficulties accessing the site on 18th/19th July due to technical changes.

Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2013 23:33
They're fairly old now and not necessarily "amazing games", but I've got three completed games made in DBPro, two of which are what I'd consider notable.

Immortal Guardian 2, single player FPS

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=121778&b=5

Revenge, multiplayer FPS

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=102956&b=5

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 02:11
Thanks, will check them out and add them.

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 18:51
Added your games to the front page of this thread. I'm also (finally) finishing adding some screenshot thumbnails!

Fantarg
Years of Service
User Offline
"15 Defense. Underwater Battle"

Released on MPC (MyPlayCity):
http://www.myplaycity.com/underwater_battle/

Old theme:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=203920&b=5

The dead know everything...
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2013 21:31
Added your game! It looks pretty great, I didn't download it yet but I watched the gameplay video. Seems fun!

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2013 22:28 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2013 22:37
DBS Database Update

A new review system; each app can have a series of user reviews
* Each review is broken down into attributes with star ratings
* Account holders can post reviews
* Reviews link to the game and display its default screenshot
Top 20 rankings page only lists fully released games
App pages now have page read counters. These count unique visits.
Apps have a development (WIP) field, soon to link to a project page feature under development
Articles can now be posted
App category names link to a list of category associated apps
Recent page displays articles and reviews, not just applications
Uploaded more games
Hourly spam-bots reduced by at least 90%, leaving me more time for improvments
Captcha codes implemented to reduce spam accounts

Projects
Developers (Companies)
Random video footage with ranking bias
High-Score ladder system
Full-release and top ranking front-page block
More front-page sections
Social networking

http://darkbasicshowcase.binarymodular.com/

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 19:36 Edited at: 9th Dec 2013 19:37
Lol; it has been ages since I checked the database. I see the anti-spam module has worked wonders; no wierd posts or accounts anymore.

There is not that many games coming out in DBPRO any more, mostly FPSC and AGK; OK a few DarkGDK projects.

It would have been nice to have our own little TGC related IndieDB; I am still paying for the host for various sites and will keep it uploaded. If anyone has any ideas for fun things to do like competitions, features or other upload formats; please let me know.

With the release of new products, platforms and consoles, most of my attention has been on other projects, but would not mind working on the site a bit with one or two people.

I was thinking of getting a domain name officially for the site, but there wouldn't be enough interest to warrant it being a DBP related showcase I feel; it is not like a new release is made every month or anything. Perhaps a more popular trend or perhaps something along the lines of a Wiki which Libervto seems to be thinking about,

The PHP & MySQL server is still there waiting to be used, may as well make use of it.

Thanks for all the help anyway guys, especially those who posted. You will be remembered.

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 23:24
I've definitely noticed a lull in Dbpro activity, and on the forums in general - hopefully it's just a temporary thing... I know I have progress that I'm almost ready to show on my game but I hope everyone else hasn't forgotten about DBpro. The WIP boards are extremely slow lately.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2013 19:10
I hope it all goes well with your new project. I personally have had limited time for development during a busy autumn and winter; hopefully I am in for a quiet time spare new year so that I can get cracking with things; and the same to you and all DBP developers.

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2013 02:24
I still work, And continue to do so with dbpro. One day, Maybe even get some stuff finished lol

.:: Http://DeanWorks.Ca ::.
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
mihaid
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope i found the right place for my post.....
lol

Anyway...i use Dark Basic Professional since 2012, and I learned a lot. Now I wanna show you my last creations.... Here on www.mdgamesoft.com, you can download 3 of my best..let's say "beta" version of my latest games..ofcourse i known I need to work a lot more............but.......i wait you suggestions especially about "airstryke". I worked in dark basic professional, some objects made in 3d world studio, and terrain made in l3dt pro. I need to fex many tings, many bugs..I KNOWN THAT..DON'T WORRY. I need suggestions, eventually a partner to help, especially to work on explosion effects, even i tried a lot with all kind of particles...so non..nothing works.............and i need to know if i have some chances to do something good..or is better to go home and drink a beer.....
ok..i wait your advices.........

Mihai
Agent Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2013 20:47
Yo guys I really like the Dark Dragon game made by Dimis. Is he still working on the project. Dimis if your out there... Don't give that project up!!!!

Lurking throughout the night...
mihaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all,

I started to work with DBpro in 2012 february, i have many things to learn...anyway......i made few things..in beta, search for partners, here is what you can download for free:
www.mdgamesoft.com

and..HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 !!!!!

Mihai
Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2013 11:03
Hello guys
I am here still. My thread was auto locked so I didn't have the chance to show some of my latest progress. But after implementing normal map shaders and Enhanced Animations I started to experience many random problems. I hope that I can find solutions for all of them. I don't want to give up my project.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Agent Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2013 21:30
Thanks for not giving up Dimis! I am happy to hear that your still going strong. Keep it up!

God bless and Happy New Year to you too!

Lurking throughout the night...
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 06:41 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2014 06:42
I just tried to run my DBP game WordTris in Windows 8, and I'm pleased to say it still works!

The game is 10 years old already (wow!), but still fun to play. The online high score server was shut off already, but I've decided to re-upload it if anyone wants to try it out.

http://www.automatongames.com/wordtris/WordTris1.5.zip

Senior Developer - CBS Interactive Music Group
RonsWare
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 12:24
@Jeko

I love this game
It's fun to play.
Nice you re-uploaded the game

My kids love to play it.
Great work

Cheers Ron

Programming is learning
StevetS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2014 20:55 Edited at: 18th Jan 2014 20:57
Can I also point people in the direction of my remake of Quazatron, a Spectrum classic.

Didn\'t get a whole lot of support on this forum but its a complete game and I was really quite proud of it.

Cheers.

http://www.valknut.co.uk/Quazatron

[img]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=181020&b=5
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2014 03:48
Looks interesting, added it to the list and when I have a few minutes I plan to download it and check it out!

Tower
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 18:06
Westmere posted a thread some time ago about a showcase area called "Users game gallery". Where can if find this showcase?
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2014 18:01
Star Flight 2000 was made in Dark Basic Classic

Available from www.edzup.co.uk/images/starflight2000.zip

-EdzUp
JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Star Flight 2000 was made in Dark Basic Classic

Available from www.edzup.co.uk/images/starflight2000.zip"

That zip download link doesn't work.
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2014 18:14
Ah try http://www.edzup.co.uk/images/sf2000.zip

-EdzUp
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 23:54 Edited at: 16th Oct 2014 00:00
i just found this thread today...and oh crud...

i see one of my older projects listed on here and it was far from finished and mostly just a tech demo. You may want to remove doomedcraft off the finished list... i have not touched the project in ages and is far from being anything....

i have also moved my developments over to agk and have somewhat dropped any db projects i may have had going. If anyone however is interested i did make a plugin for agk to get 3d animations working for limbed meshes simular to darkbasic classics limb system.

can be found here:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=212261&b=41

I also just started porting this darkbasic project over to agk and will start a new thread on it soon!
[img][/img]

Doggie
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Nov 2014 17:13
Any chance you would release the DB code for Doomedcraft.
Looks like it would be fun to tinker with.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:08:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:08:50