Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2013 05:31

Engine: X9

Developer:

Description:

SOMNIUM it's a psychological horror game which will put you in the skin of a troubled youth for your past.
The purpose of this game is bring to the player a good history (based in games like Silent Hill) and fear.

Screenshots:

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCIEwAX95r4

Game situation:

Reading:

= Finished
= Working
= Don't started

- 1º Chapter
- Menu
- "Loading" screens

- 2º chapter
- cutscenes
- Demo

- 3º chapter

Our pages:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/somnium

http://www.facebook.com/Flyingvgames

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I'm brazilian.
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2013 16:59
I like the lights gives it a nice atmosphere Good work so far
poker82
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2013 17:17
Thanks man. This is my first game in fpsc. We will launch a demo soon. Just wait
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2013 19:06 Edited at: 27th Feb 2013 19:16
Looks pretty nice for your first game
It's nice to see that there's at least some effort to the layout of the scenes.

Only remarks are:

It is a tad dark in the bathroom and dining room(?) scenes. (nitpick, I know)

The bathroom scene seems to have the same texture for both ceiling and floor. Try to use a different floor/ceiling texture for your rooms.

That hallway in the last shot seems rather empty, as well as having the floor/ceiling texture again.
What sort of building is that exactly? Try to think of what scene you are making, and compare it to what a scene like that looks like in real life. Fill it in accordingly.

There's a lack of illumination on those lamps, yet they cast off light. I'd suggest either placing small lights around each surface of the lamp, or enabling shaders, and applying the illuminationmap.fx in the "effect" field of the lamps properties.

I've been away for a while so the jury's out on my end as to which one consumes more memory, the tiny lights, or the shaders.

Sorry if I seem critical, I always enjoy constructive criticism on my projects but not everyone is the same!

I'm interested to see where you can take this.

Good luck in your endeavors!

poker82
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2013 00:20
Hey, thanks man. I like of critics (if constructives) and I loved yours. I've tested your tips about the illumination and I like the effect.

Just ajust some point lights and it gonna to be good. Thanks man, I love you
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2013 06:12
This is a very atmospheric looking game, and its good you're getting feedback.

Ekipshi has highlighted most of the points I would have mentioned, but I still feel like its worth saying about the hallway. There needs to be something more about it, and while I'm sure there's something suspicious at (or behind) the doors alone they're not enough. The Hallway needs at least something.

Consider this, you always want your game to stand out, right? What about this hallway is significant that I will remember about it after having played it? Level design may help here.

To support what I just said, that skeleton picture is cool, and memorable. It stands out because its quite peculiar. When I think "Hmm, remember that time I played Somnium, it had the sitting skeleton." Anyway . . .

So the first and second pictures are good, my thoughts are above for the hallway picture. Just my thoughts on this, I only mean it constructively. Keep up the good work.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
poker82
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2013 18:05
Thanks man, aprecciated your tips. I will work in the corrido. And about the skeleton. He have a important participation in the central story. I dont said it but I'm writing that history since 2011. I can ensure to you: Thats a good story. And I the Instictive Fear man
poker82
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2013 20:55
There's a comparison of the corridor screen before and after the illumination tips of Ekipshi.

Before:

After:
PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2013 23:49
Looking good so far!

Don't as what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - Winston Churchill
poker82
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2013 00:03
Thanks man

2º chapter finished.

The demo will be launched when the first cutscene be done. Meanwile I going fixing and improving what have done.

Thanks for all!
poker82
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2013 01:17
http://www.indiedb.com/games/somnium/news/alpha-demo-launched

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:48:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:48:11