Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Problem with Android SDK Tools

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there, I am just installing all the necessary software so I can compile my apps for use on Android devices. However, I have a problem, I've followed the video on youtube, I have downloaded and installed http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r17-windows.exe, then on the video, after installation, it runs and detects Java SE Dev Kit (JDK) 1.6, then a list additional bits to download appears after installation, but it doesn't show them on my pc, so I can't add things such as Android 2.3.1 API 9.
Has anyone else had this problem and wondered if they had found a solution for this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

www.dazzyscds.co.uk
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2013 17:22
Quote: "but it doesn't show them on my pc"

What do you mean by this?

The Android SDK Manager will do all the downloads and installs, but they aren't programs that you see on your computer. They are pieces of the Java/Eclipse setup.

To add Android 2.3.1, you need to tick the 'Obsolete' box for it to appear.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
DazzyF
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your reply, for some reason it's not downloading these in R17, I have downloaded the R20 version, it does show the additional downloads but Android 2.3.1 is missing, but it does have Android 2.3.3, would this work instead?

www.dazzyscds.co.uk
DazzyF
Years of Service
User Offline
Yay, I've sorted it in the R20 release, forgot to click obselete, but I have no idea why it didn't give me the download list in R17.

www.dazzyscds.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:55:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:55:24