Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK and Visual C++ 2008 Express Problems: Cant hit breakpoints

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

I just installed DarkGDK and everything required to get it working on VS C++ 2008 Express. I opened a new project of type DarkGDK - 2D Game and the code for the base example provided compiled and the project built fine. I put some breakpoints in the source code, but when I hit F5, the program runs real fast without hitting any of the breakpoints. The program goes into debug mode for a second, then goes back to normal; a window quickly flashes up and dissappears, and the output menu says:

The program '[10036] Dark GDK - 2D Game1.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Also when I try to step over the code one line at a time with F10, a dialogue box comes up and says:

"There is no source code available for the current location."

I can then click Ok or a button that says "Show Disassembly." After this, I have to hit F5 to exit debugging mode (still not hitting any of my breakpoints).
So can anyone tell me what they think the problem might be? I'm pretty new to programming, so I am stumped. Thanks in advance.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2013 22:17
Sounds like you're building it in release mode and not debug mode?
Try changing it (there should be a dropdown box in the upper part of the GUI I think).

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
neilyoooo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for replying.

I had it in debug mode, but just to try it I switched to release mode and tried running the program and got this new dialogue box:

"Debugging information for "DarkGDK - 2D Game 1" cannot be found or does not match. Binary was not built with debug information. Would you like to continue debugging?"

Hmm.. this is really weird. I'll keep toying with it and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:59:52
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:59:52