Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2013 15:41 Edited at: 25th Mar 2013 14:20
Hey guys, I am working on a game, "Virus 626".

Story:
The year is 2016, in 2013, there was a great war between USA and China, later in 2016, the Chinese accidentally unleashed a DEADLY virus across USA, Russia, and ALL of Europe, parts of China have also been quarantined. USA, Russia, England, and France, have formed an alliance to kill all the infected and save mankind, only one problem, the virus turns people into Zombies, for every fallen soldier, another Zombie comes. China refused to join the alliance, and have invaded the US. They started in New York.

So guys, what do you think? In this game, you fight both Zombies and Humans, the game will be divided into Campaigns, We are planning to make the first Campaign FREE.

Campaigns Planned so far in order of release:

Done:
Work In Progress:
Not Started:

1. New York (FREE)
2. Washington
3. London (FREE)
4. Paris
5. Chernobyl (FREE)

Each campaign will have about 15 levels.

These are what we planned, we also want to make a WHOLE new campaign as an expansion pack for the game.

Tell me what you think My friends and I have made our little company called \\\"Blue Lightening Games\\\" WE WILL ALSO BE ADDING A MINI SURVIVAL MODE.

Survival Mode trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cv0vsrknvI

I had a previous post, but it got locked due to no screenshots, I am adding some in this new post.

SURVIVAL MODE IMAGES:

The map of the 3 Survival missions in the game

Screen Shots from "Castle"

Power Switch

Working Teleporter

Another from Survival Map "CASTLE"

[b]REMEMBER, I KNOW THE MAP LOOKS EMPTY, IT IS NOT YET DONE! These will be updated later.
midget overlord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2013 04:03
well third time is the charm.
It looks good in any case.

odog elens a, odog gonds a, min faen brethil.
You're my best friend if you can interpret this.
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2013 14:12
Thanks
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Mar 2013 20:08
@MrCrazyDude115, now this is a much better thread. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of this game!

Can't we see what happens at the end of the video when the grenade is supposed to explode? lol!

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2013 09:29
@Landman

LOL ok, well, it really only an explosion
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2013 09:47
More screenshots

This is from the first Campaign.

Starting Room

Remember, this is only the start!
loler
Years of Service
User Offline
it quit looks good but i think the most models dont fit together. The Castle with the metal elevator looks like it dont want to fit. but i really like the screen where the truck crashed in a house but you can put some wooden logs on the street it will make it look a little bit nicer

greetings loler

its not a bug its a feature
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2013 20:18
@loler

Added wooden logs on the ground, and also added a log that hit a police car

MORE COMING SOON
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2013 20:50
Sorry for the double post, But I added windows to the houses, Next I will start to expand the city.

MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2013 18:05
A police station, and a small shed in an alley.

Shed in an alley

The Master D
Years of Service
User Offline
The game seems to be coming along really nicely MrCrazyDude! Are you making your own models for the buildings and cars and such? because if you are, I'd recommend maybe making the tad buildings a tad less like a single rectangle, and build more corners and such into them. That will make your levels have a lot more realism and life to them.
Also, I take it you're going to be using Call of Duty Zombies style gameplay for the survival maps? If not, how do you plan to have them operate? I'm really curious in this field because I'm a big fan of these types of survival games.
Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what else you'll be able to accomplish in the future!

In Matrix, you bend spoon.
In Soviet Russia, spoon bends you.
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2013 16:15
@The Master D

Thanks for the advice, and for the survival, here is the story and how to win ETC..

Castle:
On April 2nd 2015, The Chinese had accidentally spread a virus across the world, however, the virus has gone undiscovered until on January 5th 2016, When an old Castle in Germany used as a base for their American Allies starts getting infected, they locked the station, and the remaining soldiers have to fight their way through a Zombie infested castle to reach safety. TO END "CASTLE", YOU MUST ESCAPE THE CASTLE.

Woods:
When you escape the castle, you will be in "Woods", where you have to hold out and find a way out of the forest. TO END "WOODS" YOU MUST GET TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FOREST.

House:
You finally escape the forest, but you have more things to worry about other than escaping, the zombies have made it after you into an abandoned house, luckily, there is a radio, find it and call for Evacuation. TO END "HOUSE" YOU MUST FIND THE RADIO.

SO basically the Zombies never end, but you must complete an objective to get to the next survival map.
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2013 23:08
Hey guys, More screenshots!

MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2013 16:52
I have re-textured Bond1's Zombies, to make my game a bit different that others.

MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2013 17:37
I tried to re-texture the TGC Police Car in the TGC Store to make it look like a police car in New York (NYPD), But it looks like I failed. I will keep trying to make it better

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 01:02 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2013 01:05
Are they disco zombies from the 80's or something? lol perhaps you want to tone that colouring down a bit, its quite bright. Also consider making them look torn or dirty, but of course its up to you. And with the police car, just keep trying and use keep that reference image glued to your face.

Another thing I've noticed is that the skybox is visible on several pictures throughout you're thread. Seeing the skybox really breaks the atmosphere, its never like that in real life. I bet if the player jumped next to some of those walls they could see over and into the skybox. This is an element of game design that absolutely must be covered.

Consider fixing that by:

-Placing objects outside of the playable area
-Never have the skybox visible with only 1 segments height difference (ie, higher fences)
-Or (actually definitely), only having the skybox visible above the tops of buildings. This is plausible for the city environment.
-having a dark/night skybox, its far less noticeable and any light inside your playable area is much more attracted to.

The most important point is the first. I've selected a random picture, and edited to show where buildings (or extra detail) should be. Please note that there are many more I could do the exact same thing for.

What this does is:
-Adds realism
-Adds immersion (comes with realism)
-Adds detail
-Doesn't make the player feel so restricted

Its a hard thing to make the player feel free in an FPSC outdoor environment, and well done for the exterior environments you've created so far. However just by adding detail beyond the playable area you chip away at a much better game.

I've included another image as an example, but I've attached it to the post as to not spam you're thread. Here I've whipped together a scene that includes four buildings (could be done with three). Here's two screenshots to highlight my point. One is in the editor, so show how bare it can be, and one is in game, the view of the player (most important). As you can tell it's night, but that's just because I couldn't be bothered changes around my settings. With few building's I've created the impression there's more to this place than you will ever see, and that's a subtle but important detail. In a city environment, there's always something next door, always! The concept of that screenshot could be taken and applied to your levels.

It's not too difficult either, simply placing more buildings that conveniently block the view of the skybox does the trick.

Now I'm no expert for FPSC, but these little tips will help you (hopefully) take your game a step up to the next level.

Keep up the good work, hopefully you can look at what I say positively as its honest constructive criticism, I hope I'm not being too harsh.

Few, long post.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 02:56
1. New York (FREE)
2. Washington
3. London (FREE)
4. Paris
5. Chernobyl (FREE)

By reading this, I suppose that Washington and Paris chapters will be charged, sorry if I will be harsh but, i saw your screenshots and one question that comes in my mind is : are you serious about that ?

Excuse my grammar errors, I'm French.
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 16:25
@RelMayer

Washington, London, Paris, and Chernobyl will be done in FPSC Reloaded, and they should be about $9.99 for each chapter (Except for London and Chernobyl). And each chapter has about 15 levels, plus, I will be making Multiplayer maps to go with them, I think that's an excellent price.
Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 16:41
I recommend not charging for your games until they are of commercial quality. At the moment, they are not. Sorry to be harsh just a bit of advice, I was the same when i started out.

-Johnski

MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 16:45
@Johnski

I Know, I will make the First Campaign FREE, if people like it, i will make the others cost Money. If they dont really like it, I will make it free.
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2013 22:11
Just added a new feature to the game using Conjured's Money System.

At the start of the start of the third level, when you reach the survivors bunker, there is a stand where you can buy weapons using cash, you get money in 2 ways, you can find them in garbage bins, cars, houses, or on the floor, you can also get it by killing certain "BOSS" enemies.
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 21:39
This game has been put on hold for almost 1 or 2 weeks, I am working on a 1 level CreepyPasta Game, (NO IT IS NOT SLENDER MAN!!).
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2013 13:28
I have done improvements to the game! it looks much better now! forgot all those other screenshots, lol.

new screenies comming soon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:15:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:15:59