Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / AGK Mac transparency issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm in the process of developing a game using AppGameKit 1.07. When I test my game on my Windows XP Pro laptop, everything runs without issue. However, if I broadcast the game to a Mac device running AppGameKit Player 1.074, the sprite transparency does not work properly. I see the sprite animations, but they are not transparent - each sprite displays the black background that they were created with.

Code Example:

CreateSprite ( 1, 0)
AddSpriteAnimationFrame ( 1, LoadImage ( "sprite1.png" ,1 ) )
AddSpriteAnimationFrame ( 1, LoadImage ( "sprite2.png" ,1 ) )
AddSpriteAnimationFrame ( 1, LoadImage ( "sprite3.png" ,1 ) )
AddSpriteAnimationFrame ( 1, LoadImage ( "sprite4.png" ,1 ) )
PlaySprite ( 1, 5, 0, 1, 4 )

Please advise.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2013 05:45
If you are broadcasting from a v1076 AppGameKit IDE to a v1074 Player, that might be the entire problem.

It's not impossible that v1074 has issues with transparency in the Mac Player (which I just discovered is available in the Mac App Store).

Have you tried running on any other device (Player)?

Since you have a Mac, you should be able to create the Mac version of your app and see if it runs properly that way.

I would recommend upgrading to v1076, which is quite stable. But you would then have to build the Mac version for testing, since there isn't a v1076 Mac Player.

And, you will need to build on your Mac for final production for the Mac world anyway.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 16:11:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 16:11:27