Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [dark dynamix] a lot of APPCRASHES in PhysXCore.dll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 11:16
Hi Matty H, I really bored about a strange and mysterious random appcrash.
Here my previous post about:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=204073&b=1

It seemed that the problem had disappeared but not.

Randomly when I run my project I get this APPCRASH (in the PhysXCore.dll). Sometimes many times and sometimes a bit less but ALWAYS.
I want to tell that with the SAME IDENTICAL code I can get the APPCRASH or I can get the project run correctly.

And with the flow of months (with the code growing) appears more and more often.. sure now it's a bad problem

I really don't know why! Nothing of logic help me to understand.
Other dudeds feel the same problem so I think maybe it's a bug!?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 23:14
Are you creating/deleting actors/objects on the fly, if so then be sure it is not simulating as this happens.

It's tough to locate an issue like this, it could be something you are doing wrong, but even if that is the case I would prefer dynamix threw an error message and not just crash. You may have to comment out parts of your code until the issue goes away, this is how I sometimes locate bugs. You should definitely not add more code until this is resolved.

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 10:41
Hi Matty H, I made what you advice me, to comment out,neatly, some parts of code (those most indictable) and seems I find out what was the problem! (since now no more appcrashes)

I had 260 little darkdynamix shapes inside the airplane, all pressed in a little 3d point.
These shapes are the available debris, ready to splash out from the airplane when it's crashing on the ground (and the effect it's really cool).

I put these DarkDynamix shapes in the same collision group to avoid these can hit each other but sometimes all that causing the appcrash.

Currently I using just 2 DarkDynamix shapes as debris and no more app crashes. I just try to find another way to have hundred of debris flying out from airplane when it crash!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 14th Apr 2013 20:30
Alduce, you can group the debris off scene. And reposition it at the contact point which should show an interesting reaction, that is what I used to do with DP

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2013 19:57
Ahh MrValentine I read your answer just now! and this is a really smart idea!

However I confirm at 100% that I solved the appcrash problem and now I just combat with performances of my game! (a really hard battle..)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 01:51:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 01:51:14