Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [x9] The Key: dead men (chapter 1)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 15:38 Edited at: 8th Apr 2013 01:18
[x9] The Key: dead men (chapter 1) Arrival

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/?737r7692wa5qo65

IMAGES

Story

A man with a dark past is sent to a world much worse then hell and in this part of the game you wake up not knowing much about whats happening and you soon find yourself fighting unknown creatures that want to eat your soul with objective to find hidden keys. the next chapter will have more story and when i'm all done with all chapters i will do a full release for now the game will have
5 levels. The next part of the game will be out soon please leave a review so i can make each part better from the last one.

NEED HELP WITH GAME CLICK BELOW TO VIEW PLAYTHROUGH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyn_-or8ksY

Also Subscribe to my YouTube channel Where i upload many videos weekly of FPS Creator and other Games

http://www.youtube.com/user/FPSCreatorGames/videos?view=0

Enjoy!

matthew

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline

matthew
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2013 17:25
Not bad looking game GeuRCrayon, i will see if i can find time to play it and give you a review.

GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Z4HiOkkZg

NEW KEY GAMEPLAY WATCH IN HD!!

matthew mahoappa

Attachments

GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Story

A man with a dark past is sent to a world much worse then hell and in this part of the game you wake up not knowing much about whats happening and you soon find yourself fighting unknown creatures that want to eat your soul with objective to find hidden keys. the next chapter will have more story and when i'm all done with all chapters i will do a full release for now the game will have
5 levels. The next part of the game will be out soon please leave a review so i can make each part better from the last one.

matthew mahoappa
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Please make a review i will start to make part 2 if i get one i need a review to make the next one better no review to moreover the next one

matthew mahoappa

Attachments

Mini0013xx
Years of Service
User Offline
A review from me.

This is not a complete review, for I did not finish the entire game. Instead, I only have a few things here or there.

First: The good.

The music was great. (At least from what I've heard). Fit the enviornment really well.

The game itself looked nice all around.

The Bad:

That jumping sound. If you jump in game, you'll know what I'm talking about.

In one of the rooms it looks like it's raining. While the enviornment itself looks great for the feel of the game, it doesn't truly fit because when you look up, you see a cieling.

The fat zombie monster sounds were also bad. The screams weren't so pleasing to hear. I'm not saying that in a good way. It doesn't fit.

I, personally, think it takes a few too many hits to kill an enemy. 5+ hits with a machete is a bit ridiculous.

The lights popped out of nowhere. There was just about 0 light sources. And the areas without lights were too dark.

Too many areas where you can just fall and die. (I walked down a hall after unlocking a door, died, and then popped up somewhere I'd never gone before when my new life started).

In some areas, the map looks like it's poorly put together.

-----------------

The potential for this game is good. It needs some major work done. Before showing off a demo, make it a little more polished. I know that most people want to show everybody their work right away, but you need to get that polish before presenting it to the world.

Good luck with your endevours.
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the review the only thing i don't agree with is the jumping sound i think its perfectly fine but i will change it. its funny people also hated the jump sound in my last game.. anyway looks like i have a lot of work to do also There is 2 guns in the level you must of missed them the machete is meant to be weak only to be used when you run out of ammo. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP asayo

matthew mahoappa
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2013 03:19 Edited at: 19th Apr 2013 03:20

::::::::/DOWNLOAD:::::::::::

http://www.mediafire.com/?737r7692wa5qo65

::::::::/VIDEO::::::::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyn_-or8ksY

matthew mahoappa

Attachments

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2013 16:55 Edited at: 3rd May 2013 18:39
Okay, I downloaded this. Sadly, I don't have much good to say.

FIRSTLY: Main menu and the loading screen was blatantly ripped straight out from Wolf's Thanatophobia. It didn't look like it was even edited at all.

Secondly, I don't know what you're trying to achieve. The game sounded serious from the summary and the menus are dark and gritty looking, but then again, they're from a game that is dark and gritty. I was expecting a scary game and a creative game, as with a premise like that, you can do pretty much whatever you want. It's a shame the design and segments were all around very bland. Mixed with crazy colored lights.

And you obviously tried to pull off some scares there, which would have worked fine if the rest of the game had an atmosphere to support it. It didn't. The background sounds were good. Actually really good. If the game was visually as appealing, it would be superb. So that's a plus, the ambient sounds were nice. The other sounds weren't. Jumping, well, when what used to be the stock jumping sound seems appealing, you know there's something wrong. It was just annoying and made me feel more like you weren't clear on what you were trying to achieve. At least that's the sense I got from it. Also, the custom zombie sounds factor into this too. If this was supposed to be funny, then I'm sorry, it didn't work that way either.

The hurt HUD was terribly pixelated and it had a black background. Even having a transparent background would have made it far better. And there were parts that I died in for no reason. Okay, I know the reason was hurt zones, but there wasn't any indication of were there was gonna be some, so I game overed over not knowing where I am allowed to go and where not.

That's all I got now. Sorry if I seem harsh, but I'm just being honest. It was poorly put together, it wasn't fun and it wasn't scary. I had a "what the hell is going on" feeling many times, but not in the good sense, more in the "what were they thinking" sense. You got potential here, work on it and you can have something really good. Practice is all it takes and I hope to see this title done well at some point, as the plot (although there's not much) allows for so much creativity. The potential is there, but this title just wasn't good.

For my final score, I'd give it a 2/10. Just for the ambient sounds which I found good and that I think the actual fighting with the fat zombies isn't too bad (although the crawlies is). I know you can (and hopefully will) improve, I'm not trying to crush your spirit, but if I just said that this game was great, you'd not know to improve.

Muzzles56
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2013 20:56
It's obvious that this game was made to take the pure p
Saint Areon
Years of Service
User Offline
Like others have said, the sounds just dont seem to sink with the feel. Try playing around with those.

Maybe use a grungy wall texture to give it more of a horror feal.

Keep up the good work, I enjoyed watching your creativity come to light.

http://www.computerrepairmac.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 02:05:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 02:05:14