Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / need help with model issuse

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 05:15
I'm not sure what to call it when a model does this but if there is a name for please tell me. if anyone knows how to solve this let me know.here a pic of the problem

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2013 01:40
Might need a little bit more info than that! What's the model, what format is it in, what are you loading it into, etc? At the moment it could be almost anything xD

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2013 05:27
the model is a full animated character. it was made in 3dmax and the file was saved in 3dmax format. I load it in 3dmax try to export it in x file format using Pandasoft DirectX Exporter. but when I load it in fragmotion the model looks like the pic I uploaded.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2013 02:15
Hmm... have you tried loading it in some other program? Try saving in a different format as well? I don't use 3DS Max personally so I can't help you much there, but I guess just have a look over all your export settings, it could be something to do with the skeleton/animations perhaps.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2013 20:27
yes you are right it does. when I uncheck animation or bone it does not come out like this. but now I would not have any animations or bones on the model so that no good.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2013 00:43 Edited at: 16th Apr 2013 01:06
Without knowing much about how you went about modeling, rigging and animating this character I can only take wild stabs at where its went wrong, but maybe this will help.

I am guessing that at some point you scaled this after animating and it also looks like the verts aren't welded resulting in these being thrown around when you export the model to .x.

Go back to Max and remove the skin modifier from the mesh, go into vertex mode and select all, weld it with a setting of 0.01 distance.
Now apply reset xform, collapse the modifier stack, now re-apply a skin modifier and tweak the envelopes to suit.

If you have more than one modifier in the stack then collapse it down, .x will only retain info from the first modifier at export.

It also looks similar to an issue sometimes seen with bone weighted shaders so if you have one applied in that view....you could try removing it

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2013 16:59
thanks rolfy for the help. but I thank i'm going to have to give up on this since I was not the maker of this model. I have other models int the past to work but I think what you guy as are saying is true and this is out of my lead. but thanks for the help.

also rolfy I may have to re-buy you weather pack I seem to have lost it during some changes I made.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:44:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:44:50