Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] Mission 0 - Short Horror Game

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2013 18:10 Edited at: 1st Jul 2013 03:23
Mission 0

by Clonkex

Created using Vanilla FPSC X9 (120? Or was it 119?)

This game was created about a year ago in a competition with my brother; he gave up very quickly because his copy of FPSC refused to behave itself. I went on to finish mine to an extent. Pretty much my favourite part of using FPSC is designing the levels, so IMO the levels are quite detailed and generally look good, but I'd like to hear what you think.

At the end, there's a screen that says the full version is coming soon. That's not true. It WAS true, when I first made the game, but then there were too many bugs with FPSC to finish it properly. Even though it's not long (2 levels), the levels that are there are well finished, so it's still very fun to play

I apologise for the gun being in shot in the second screenshot but I didn't think to leave it on its crate in the water.

One tip: Don't go shooting off all your shotgun ammo before you need it. You only get the one lot and you need it later.

Also, in the second level, the ragdolled guys on the road always seem to end up with their heads in their feet. I have no idea why this happens.

The main reason I posted this here is just to see what everyone thinks. I don't care if you all hate it

Credits:

Some sounds from Doom 3
Some sounds from Half Life 2
(I'm not selling the game, who cares if I use a bit of copyrighted material? )

Download in the bottom-right of this post, little red "Download" button. File size: ~68MB

Anyway, screenshots:

Clonkex

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 23rd Apr 2013 19:52
You can't distribute copyright materials. The mods are lurking around, I can sense them.

I've been reading your blog by the way

The screen shots look neat.

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Muzzles56
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2013 23:09
I didn't find it scary, just surprising considering the only horror features were skulls popping up in my face. I found it cool how they looked at you and moved towards you, though.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 03:19 Edited at: 24th Apr 2013 03:20
Quote: "You can't distribute copyright materials. The mods are lurking around, I can sense them."

lol If they take the post down, I don't care. As soon as the incredo-awesome FSPC-R is finished I'll remake the game, properly this time, with my own assets

Quote: "I've been reading your blog by the way"

Seriously? I mean, that's cool, I thought no one was reading it, but I haven't posted anything for at least a week. The reason for this is because I realised that I was simply creating "another Minecraft clone", and while it definitely was going to awesome, I just decided I'd like to put my skills to better use in a different type of game. I'll create a new blog (again) when the game has something to show for itself. If I work hard over the next few days I should be able to put some screenshots on a blog

Quote: "The screen shots look neat. "

Thanks

Quote: "I didn't find it scary"

Really? Ah well, some people just don't go for the cheap scares. My bother and sister were terrified playing it.

Quote: "just surprising considering the only horror features were skulls popping up in my face"

Yeah, well...what are you supposed to call it if it's not true horror? A Short Cheap-Scare Game?

Clonkex

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:59:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:59:48