Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Hide It Find It for Android

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2013 17:47 Edited at: 25th Apr 2013 17:49
Hi,

Today we have released the Android version of Hide It Find It.

If you know the iOS version then you will see a lot of new additions in this version.

Thanks to Steve, Paul and the test team at Focus, it's been a lot of hard work but worth it!

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2013 18:05
Awww, I was looking forward to this one, and then it said Facebook is mandatory. I don't use Facebook, nor do I want to... I guess that means I can't play it
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2013 18:09 Edited at: 25th Apr 2013 18:10
It's been a long ride getting this version finished. There are some great new features in there like the new messaging system, the new positioning system, free coins, watch videos for coins and more. It's a real testament to what AppGameKit can be pushed to do. Please try out the free version at least and let us know what you think. You will need to invite a few friends to play to get started as it is a social game.

Edit: Yes you need to log in through facebook, sorry if that counts you out!

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Well done! Was this compiled using Beta 12, or an older beta? The pictures and image loading seem to work alright on Android. There is a bug in Beta 11 where acquiring images will fail completely on most devices (Paul indicated it is fixed for the next beta).

It still exhibits the annoying issue where taking a picture or importing one causes the entire app to freeze on a black screen for a fairly long period of time (15-30 seconds average on my devices) before the "loading" text actually appears. I have tested this on three Android devices and all exhibit the same issue.

I was hopeful that this would be completely fixed in Beta 12, at least so we can show some loading screen as it is imported but preferably so it doesn't take such a long time in the first place. All non-AGK apps I've used on Android are able to import images in an instant so I know it's not a limitation of Android. It's a pretty critical issue when making apps that are chiefly focused on loading in media.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2013 00:00
Built with our very latest Beta (12). So once Paul has had his long weekend off (well deserved) he'll be able to roll out the updated Beta.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:34:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:34:47