Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Viral Outbreak - Models don't seem to work properly.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I\'ve tried out Flatlanders fix in this thread http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195717&b=21, but they seem to only cause more problems. The Decayed (which I\'ve tried) doesn\'t die at all. The Pincher can\'t die even when you shoot it while it\'s showing his yellow eyes. I have to shoot him contiously in order for him to die.

I haven't tried the Grendal, but it might be just like the Decay.

Could someone also help me with Medusa? Medusa dies half way, and just stops there. Nothing else happens after that.

Destroy Scripts:

Pincher:

Decay:

Grendal:

Main Scripts:

Pincher:

Decayed:

Grendal:

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2013 20:58 Edited at: 1st May 2013 06:52
My fixes work for me. What version of FPSC are you using?

Addendum:

I had some time tonight to double check all the characters. They all work but for some reason Medusa is not working now. It worked before. So I'm in the process of revising the script. Apparently the new version somewhere changed how one of the commands dealing with animation frames work. That's what I think so far in testing the scripts.

Regarding the Pincher. You have to consider the Pincher as the Boss Viral Character. He has more health and his health gets reset at times. I think when his eyes turn green you have to get him killed before they turn back to red. His health gets reset to 201 at that time. So he is indeed hard to kill.

I'm addicted to programming and coffee!
Kasai Shi
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using v1.19. And thanks for that!
Kasai Shi
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm at Version 1.19, but it seems that the scripts are now working, excluding Medusa. Sorry for the double post, and thanks.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2013 16:05
Glad the characters are working besides Medusa. But, read on.

This morning when I woke up I decided to re-download the pack. In order to preserve the corrected scripts you can save them -- except for Medusa. That seems to have taken care of my problem with that character. It is now working the way it's supposed to and that is the coolest of the characters as far as the death throws.

There is one line of script that needs to be fixed in the Medusa main scripts. Although it may not make much difference.

The line is

:state=7,frameatend=23,state=6,sound=audiobank\viral_outbreak\jaws_intro.wav

A colon is required after "frameatend=23." It should then look like this:

:state=7,frameatend=23:state=6,sound=audiobank\viral_outbreak\jaws_intro.wav

I am using v1.20 beta 17.

Kasai Shi
Years of Service
User Offline
No difference. Medusa still does the same thing. Just hangs there. I've also tried modifying the Destroy script for Medusa, assuming that I could fix the problem, because I was guessing that it's death animation is in the destroy script instead. But still no success.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2013 23:28
Did you try re-downloading the pack and then re-installing? For some reason that's all that was needed for me.

Actually I couldn't find any real errors in the script but that doesn't mean that there wasn't any. Use my email link and send me your email address and I'll send you the scripts that are working for me.

Kasai Shi
Years of Service
User Offline
I've sent a email with the subject 'Here's my Email' or it should be like that.

Yes, I did try re-downloading and re-installing. Didn't really work for me.
The Vagrant
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello All!

Flatlander, I'm afraid I'm about to pelt you with an identical request. I too applied each of the fixes posted here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195717&b=21

I even triple checked each script to make sure everything was in place. Sadly, Decayed, Grendel, and Pincher are still malfunctioning as described in your original post.

Would you be willing to send me your scripts from your scriptbank\viral_outbreak directory so I can see if that solves the problem? (A full directory OR individual scripts would do nicely.) If you could find the time it would be much appreciated. (I'll PM my email address.)

If it matters I'm running v1.19. (Free at the moment, though I'm planning on purchasing the full version as soon as I've better mastered the basics.)

Interestingly, I noticed that if you set Decayed's "Start" script to "appearwithheadshot" and "Destroy" script to "ragdollcorpse" (courtesy of Zombie Killer) the Decayed enemies will SOMETIMES ragdoll on death, but only if they are killed with a shot to (or near) the dome.

Thanks in advance,

TV
Jermiah Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2013 17:34
Try spawning Medusa in FPSC then rightclick it then choose "always active", that my work, I'm not sure. Do the same with Decayed if he just lingers there too.

The advanced game creator + Good listener.

Taking school for game creating and using FPS Creator for starters.
The Vagrant
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the attempt Jeremiah, but thus far Decayed, Grendel, and Pincher still freeze on death (or occasionally run in one place for eternity on death).

I checked the scripts a 4th time, and all modifications are in place.

Haven't tried Medusa yet, but to be honest, for the project I'm envisioning she probably wouldn't get used anyway.

If anyone has gotten these scripts/entities to work and would be willing to email/post them, (either in a "files" folder or as individual scripts), I'd be very appreciative! You never know what might work.

Thanks,

-T
The Vagrant
Years of Service
User Offline
Hearty thanks for the attempt Jeremiah, but I'm afraid Decayed, Grendel, and Pincher are still malfunctioning. They either freeze up for eternity when killed, or, occasionally, run in place forever. (I didn't bother checking Medusa yet.)

If anyone who's tackled this issue with success be willing to send me their scripts from their scriptbank\viral_outbreak directory so I can see if that solves the problem, I'd be very, very appreciative. I'll even Paypal you a few bucks if it works.

I just went through the scripts for a 4th time, and, at present, they are all properly modified as described in Flatlander's post:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195717&b=21

Any help from anyone would be a godsend.

Thanks,

-T
The Vagrant
Years of Service
User Offline
Nevermind All!

I fixed it! Well, "fixed" would be a strong word; I developed a solid workaround.

The problem lay in one of the (oh so sucky) attributes of the newer windows. (How I yearn for XP!)

Despite the fact that I have hidden files and folders set to visible, and the fact that I uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, deleted, replaced, deleted, and replaced, (you name it), the viral outbreak folder in the scriptbank, Windows 7 was kind enough to keep a completely invisible copy (even with hidden files and folders ON) of each and every file/script on hand, WHICH FPSC ran every time I loaded up my maps.

SO, (and admittedly this is a little lame, but it will do for now), I made a new folder called "viral_outbreak_fixes" on my desktop, generated new appear, main, and destroy scripts with Flatlander's fixes in place, slapped it in the scriptbank, and then set my entities to run those scripts manually.

So, as it turns out, I am an idiot, OR at the very least a borderline idiot who can't stand all the automated/invisible crap woven into any version of windows post XP.

Heartfelt thanks to those who tried to help me out, but I THINK I'm set. (We'll see in the coming few days).

-T
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Kasai Shi :- If you download the unofficial release on the beta v1.20 this fixes the viral pack with out the need to use any fixes.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:28:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:28:29