Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Singelplayer AI [W.I.P]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2013 19:24 Edited at: 19th May 2013 22:09
Singelplayer AI

Singleplayer AI: Player vs Enemies

This scripts will be released in two/three versions:
v1: works with 1.17 and above
v2: works in 1.2
v3: Limited Edition

Scripts will exist for:
Fps Creator 1.17 and 1.2
For Fps Creator 1.2 only/or not with full features for 1.17
Only Limited Edition

Appear:
- appear with headshot (for npcs without my main scripts)

Main:
- Controll walk
- run into battle to a entity
- stand around and look for you

Shoot:
- shoot and meele
- shoot, meele and cover
- shoot, melee and coward
- shoot melee and search for cover
- shoot, melee and strafe

Citizen:
- talking/walking and fight against you if you are too near(First npc say: "Go away"). If you also attack, he run away
- talking/walking and fight against you if you are too near(First npc say: "Go away"). Fight to death
- Talk/Walk see you with weapon and run away(additional: alarm police)

Police:
walk around, see you with weapon/is alarmed => attack you

Addition:
Every AI has now headshot activated, because this is a realistic effect(toggleable in script)!
I also decide to comment the most things. This make the scripts longer, but scripters can more easily add something.

Limited Edition:
- Enemies are more smarter.
- Support by me
- Get AI(Player and Ally vs Enemy)
- Custom wishes integrated

Corno_1

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2013 16:17 Edited at: 20th May 2013 21:08
Post reserved for Changelog:

20.05.2013: Today I had a big success. The npcs which run away from you, now not run against walls anymore in 1.2.
19.05.2013: Plans for a Limited Edition
19.05.2013: Structure the first post!
19.05.2013: Great day. My citizens react better than before. I like it.
15.05.2013: Thinking about an idea of a Enemy vs Ally AI. After this weekend I will work on the scripts, so there must be a decision!
12.05.2013: Deleted the idea of Dark AI commands. They make more problems than they are worth
12.05.2013: Had a great idea! But this makes the scripts for version 1.2 only! maybe as addition!
11.05.2013: Uploaded a small video!
09.05.2013: "There is so much time and I can use so less"
05.05.2013: Test some of the citizen scripts! Works good, but not completely how I want
04.05.2013: Maybe I add some Dark AI commands. Then there are 28 scripts(old scripts with more commands)
04.05.2013: I create placeholders for each script. Sum=19
04.05.2013: Write the shooter main and shoot scripts => time for testing tomorrow
02.05.2013: Project Started

bojandurmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2013 19:18
Awesome , Corno. You are great scripter , I can see these scripts being used a lot. Keep up the good work

-Starsoft Games
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2013 19:34
Sounds good. Are you making this "version specific" or will you allow for different FPSC versions? Not everyone uses the newest version, so you may want to consider making it clear what version these scripts will work with. Otherwise there may be a lot of posts from users that can't get it to work, only to find out they use v1.18 and you made them for v1.20.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Are you making this "version specific" or will you allow for different FPSC versions?"

I am not completly sure about this! Maybe I will make it 1.2 support only, but I hope I can make it 1.17+ (1.17 Because the fpgc commands are introduced. But maybe I make soundfiles for the voices, so it can be 1.15 and maybe downstairs)

bojandurmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 01:18
Corno , will this script pack be free ?
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "will this script pack be free"

Yes

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2013 05:15
Nice idea. More AI scripts are needed I think. Especially more generic and yet specific. If that's possible.

Sent you an email.

I'm addicted to programming and coffee!
bojandurmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2013 00:37
@Flatlander

Exactly
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2013 15:03 Edited at: 11th May 2013 15:10
Hey,

here is a small development video. It is not perfect, but for awaile there will be no updates, so here is it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggYWpN6ci64

The one and only problem is: How I create simple and advance AI at the same time. I think this is impossible. Maybe I must do scripts for more advanced user, but they can do the work themselve. I am in antagonism.

Corno_1

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2013 11:04 Edited at: 15th May 2013 11:05
Hey guys,

I did not have any new news about the scripts, because my time is rare! I will do more work after this weekend!

So now my question to you:

Is there any interest in an AI with allies and enemies? There are so many out in this forum.
Should I concentrate on a Singelplayer AI or should I make a Enemy vs Ally AI, too?

Any comments?

bojandurmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2013 17:16
Concentrate on SP AI please

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2013 17:51
I would suggest single player AI. There are other "ally" scripts that do work and can be altered if needed already. I would also suggest you possibly make the single player AI scripts so that all can use them, not just v1.20 users. Not everyone uses v1.20 and good scripts are universal, let alone hard to find. There are very few of us scripters that make scripts which can be used in older or newer versions.

Just fuel for thought.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I concentrate on Singleplayer AI.
Quote: " I would also suggest you possibly make the single player AI scripts so that all can use them, not just v1.20 users."

I will try, but sadly there is a lot more potential in v1.2.
Also if you want a good AI for earlier versions, why not using Airslides? http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=121638&b=25 It is very good and it has take me to my idea.

Quote: " Not everyone uses v1.20 and good scripts are universal, let alone hard to find. There are very few of us scripters that make scripts which can be used in older or newer versions."

So my scripts are bad, because they use a newer version?

What should I do! Of course I can make scripts, which you can use in older versions, but is this not unfair against the users, who use 1.2. They waste the potential of their engine, if they use my scripts than.
I know you use older versions, but you can make your scripts alone.

Also there are 3 persons who comment here, so why I should work on this and waste a lot of time. Nobody is interested in a such big forum and I should also concentrate that I bake a cake for each version?

@all
I will do different scripts for different versions!!! And there is the point! If you want to use the full potential of the scripts, update your engine. That is my opinion. I want to make my NPC´s react as smart as possible, and if something is not possible in your version, it will be deleted out of the scripts. Than you can see the differences!

On topic:

I have a big success today. The citizens are good. I like how they react on me! Of course there is a lot more potential, but so far, I like it.

I play a lot of games to find out how citizens in other games react. Something is possible in FPSC and something not. But I will implement all I see and what is possible.

If someone has a idea or video material, please post a link to it, that I see how you want the AI.

Corno_1

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2013 19:11
Quote: "So my scripts are bad, because they use a newer version?

What should I do! Of course I can make scripts, which you can use in older versions, but is this not unfair against the users, who use 1.2. They waste the potential of their engine, if they use my scripts than.
I know you use older versions, but you can make your scripts alone."

Relax, Corno. You asked for suggestions and I offered just that- suggestions. It is good that you know how to script- so do I very well. The difference between you and I- I can script in any version with no issues whereas you only focus on the newest version. It was not a slam on your skills, and if it came across as such then I apologize. I only offered the idea for you to attempt to make them for the different versions so all can benefit. You don't have to attempt to do scripts for every version, just pick one or two. There is a difference from v1.18 to v1.20 so I would say go with that range. There are very few of us that use v1.17 or lower left. Ultimately, it is up to you what you decide.

In any event, good luck with your project.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
@Black fox
I installed 1.17 again for my pack. Now I will test them in 1.17 also and delete all the lines or replace them what are not working.

So this pack should be acceptable for a lot of community members.
For persons who use 1.16 and downwards, sorry, but this versions are unusable for windows 8(by me) and I not want to install vista again. So sorry.

Corno_1

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2013 04:26
Quote: "For persons who use 1.16 and downwards, sorry, but this versions are unusable for windows 8(by me) and I not want to install vista again. So sorry."

I would not worry about v1.16. We have it installed in a VM and it is really of no usage considering you could not build past 5 levels without it crashing. By making universal scripts for either v1.17 -> v1.20, that should be more than efficient for people.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "By making universal scripts"

Oh that is not correct. I create scripts not universal! I create the scripts in 1.2 and port them into 1.17. So many features fall away!
For example:
Today I get it to work that the NPCs not run against walls if they run away from me.
Port it into 1.17:
Now they run against walls, because the nessessary commands are introduced in 1.19!
I hope that not all scripts get cutted so much, but if it is nessessary that they work, I must do it!

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
So I just want to say that I not forget this! I will work on it next week after tuesday.

I want to release this at the beginning of July. I hope I can do it.
I fix a release date, because I hope I will see some beautiful games with my AI before Fpsc Reloaded is finished.

Wish you a nice day

Corno_1

http://cornofpsc.webs.com/

"The Corno_1 Way of Scripting" by Corno_1
danieleman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2013 10:54 Edited at: 13th Jun 2013 10:56
Hey mate,I wish you good luck for this.If you need any help,I will help as much as I can.

MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD LIKE YOURS.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2013 12:54
Great concepts, I've been working on similar ones inspired by the AI in fallout.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Great concepts, I've been working on similar ones inspired by the AI in fallout."

Maybe we can combine them? mine is inspired from cod!

@all

So my study is finished. I passed all exams and now I am really happy After all this stress I have now a lot of free time.

So I will work a lot more on this...

Corno_1

I know that Corno has a lot of translations. If you find one sent me a mail
bojandurmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2013 21:09
Corno , is it coming soon ?

Your signature has been erased by a mod, please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Corno , is it coming soon ?"

I hope so, but good things need time. I will release this when I find it is finished and flatlander tested it! I must do a lot of work and sadly I am a little bit lazy at this time. I hope I find some motivation this week and make some success.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah it is time to do something again. I will try to create a good AI, so that I am happy with it and I can live with this.

Have a nice day all.

Corno_1

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

sadly I must say, this project and my scripting ideas project is dead. I have done a lot of work and also it seems I waste my time with this. I have no motivation to do this. I have no motivation to script again. So maybe this is my last post in the scripting section/ in the hole forum.

Maybe I come back with all on my hd, but this is not a promise.

I hope I did a lot of work, which makes some persons happy, but I feel my time is over.

I hope you have a nice day

Corno_1

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Corno

As one of your frequent customers and downloaders, I must say I'm sorry to see that you've lost your motivation. Personally I hope that you only need a short break from FPSC scripting and you'll return full of vigour.

Thanks for all the scripts and help on the forums.
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2013 15:04
Corno,

We all lose motivation from time to time mate.

Just take some time away from it, clear your head and then one day, you will find inspiration and continue.

My advice is to not lose spirit, understand that everyone loses motivation and don't delete anything when you feel a bit down, you will regret it once your motivation comes back!

Chin up mate.

Unfamillia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 15:43:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 15:43:53