Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Champ Manager In MS-Excel with MultiPlayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2013 22:43 Edited at: 25th Oct 2013 21:05
With the football (soccer to some of you) season well under way I thought I'd share my own football (soccer) creation:

Champ Manager for MS-Excel

It's not related to any TGC products, but I thought a few people here might appreciate it while we wait for next season to start.

Features:
Play in the top four English leagues, as well as the League, FA, Europa and Champions League Competitions.
Buy and Sell Players with a database of 3000 individual players.
Select your team, decide your training focus and play style.
Take on an assistant to boost your sales, a player's recovery from injury, the teams development speed.
Invest in your youth squad to gain great players for the future.
Achieve your chairman's expectations for the club or risk being fired.
Or jump ship to a better team if you get offered it.
Keeps track of your career and the previous season's stats in all competitions and leagues.
Lose players to retirement, injury, suspensions and bad behaviour.
Up to 22 players can battle it out for promotion and glory in this turn-based strategy game.

Enjoy!

Change log for v3.24

Download v3.24: link

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 02:39
You're in the UK, so I must ask for clarification, which version of "football" are you referring to? Soccer? Or American football?

"You're all wrong. You're all idiots." ~Fluffy Rabbit
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 07:51
Ah yes, I should clarfy for our American cousins. This is a "soccer" management game.

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 12:03
Quote: "You're in the UK, so I must ask for clarification, which version of "football" are you referring to? Soccer? Or American football?"

Quote: "Play in the top four English leagues, as well as the League, FA, Europa and Champions League Competitions."

This would be obvious to anyone with a fleeting interest in either variant of Football.

The difficulty in learning is not acquiring new knowledge but relinquishing the old.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 21:18
Quote: "Ah yes, I should clarfy for our American cousins. This is a "soccer" management game."

for all other countries*
<3 ^^

Whose eyes are those eyes?
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 23:23
I thought you are from sweden Quick. We say fotboll you know
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2013 00:47
Oh.. now i didnt think correctly there.. xD Yes indeed, ignore my last message! x)

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2013 04:15
Quote: "[quote]Play in the top four English leagues, as well as the League, FA, Europa and Champions League Competitions."

This would be obvious to anyone with a fleeting interest in either variant of Football.[/quote]

But I don't have an interest in either, so your point is moot

"You're all wrong. You're all idiots." ~Fluffy Rabbit
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2013 12:03
While this debate is lovely; does anyone have any comments about the actual game

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2013 21:47
It's pretty impressive how much work you've put into this. My team seemed a bit messed up though, all the players are pretty much the same skill in each position.

The difficulty in learning is not acquiring new knowledge but relinquishing the old.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2013 19:34
Cheers OBese87, it's been over 3 years in the making and I'm updating it all the time

Yep - you're meant to start off with a pretty shoddy bunch of players. It's down to your managerial skill to bring in the new players, sell off the duff ones, invest in the young and train up those left into a promotion winning squad.

It can be a bit ruthless so expect your first season or two to be shockers, but stay with it and you'll be heading to the dizzy heights of League One and beyond!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 20:58
Post to unlock.

-Keith

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 21:10
Update to v3.24

Incorporating these changes:

Player count has increased to 3,000.
Live game now has a possession meter at the top showing the relative position of the ball.
Live games now have new commentary text.
When searching players – the status bar text now shows which scout is currently searching.
Difficulty of League 2 has been reduced for balancing.
Manager Note buttons have been added so you can store all your notes on player’s etc.
Youth wages can be negotiated using K and M values now.
Transfer History now maintained with players and displayed in transfer screen to show how much you paid for a player or whether they were promoted from the youth team.
Players are now organised in G-D-M-A order on both squad and transfer screens.
The order in which a team is optimised can now be changed. The old system was fixed as D then M then A – now you can have any 1 of 6 variations.
Progress % now shown for Ageing players as this phase takes significant time now.

Download v3.24

Enjoy!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 07:11:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 07:11:34