Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [LOCKED] Isn't pirating X10 "legal"?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2013 21:14 Edited at: 8th May 2013 21:14
Before reading, I do not condone piracy of FPS Creator X10 or any other software, this is more of a question

X10 is off the market, as we all know. It is now impossible to obtain this software by any means (except for the second hand market, although this is rare). Isn't piracy okay if the product cannot be obtained? Of course, if X10 was still available for purchase, it would not be legal as it could still be purchased. Is it classified as abandonware?

Am I correct, or just being stupid?
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2013 22:23 Edited at: 8th May 2013 22:25
I am afraid you are being a tad silly.

They no longer make my model of car Ford Focus Zetec (made in 2001) but, that doesn't mean that you can just take one if you found one.

I know its a loose analogy, but, its one in the same.

My advice is to purchase a copy of X9 and get to grips with that.

As an ex-X10 user, i would always recommend X9 (now, because of all the work that has gone into it by S4 and Scene)

Unfamillia

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
abandonware is a very grey subject and is not legal as such.

Just because TGC has stop support on x10 it is illegal to get a pirated copy of the software and could end up in court if you released a game with a pirated copy.

All the models and the engine is copyrighted by TGC so to your answer yes its illegal.

Like unfamillia said you better off getting fpsc or waiting for reloaded.

Quote: "As an ex-X10 user, i would always recommend X9 (now, because of all the work that has gone into it by S4 and Scene)"

Thanks for the support.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Muzzles56
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2013 23:00
The reason I made this topic is because I was curious as to why there seem to be new X10 users. I already own a legit copy of X9 and am waiting for reloaded, so if people are having suspicions of me pirating this, it is simply untrue
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2013 05:55
No...pirating x10 is NOT legal.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:15:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:15:50