Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Acrogorpon *WIP Thread*

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2013 21:15
Looks like we gotta have another game then; same time:

[11pm GMT + 1]

Los Angeles 3pm (Saturday)
New York 6pm (Saturday)
London 11pm (Saturday)
Berlin/Stockholm/Cape Town 12am (Sunday)
Tokyo 7am (Sunday)
Sydney 8am (Sunday)

See the time in your town here

DL187
Years of Service
User Offline
The game has been submitted to Steam Greenlight. If you have an account with Steam and would like to see the game make it you can

Vote Here
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2013 23:54 Edited at: 10th Aug 2013 23:56
I voted yes.

I saw the 'criticism' on the GreenLight comments list; don't let that get you down. People don't care what goes into the project, just what they can get out of it; and these MuPPeTs sound like they expect you to make Call Of Duty 10 in your bedroom for them.

There are plenty of twists and unique selling points that will spring to mind as you go.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I rated it up aswell

Nabz_32x
Years of Service
User Offline
also voted yes.

Your signature has been erased by a mod, please reduce it to no larger than 600 X 120.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2013 15:12
Quote: "Looks like you spent 1 week on this with an FPS starter kit. No thanks. There's not even a remote amount of effort put into this game. "

Quote: "@ARH Games Why should I buy your game instead of Battlefield or TF2? "

This is what I am talking about. They want you to do well, and mean well but they will only understand a few things about making them, but a great deal about playing them.

To woo these kind of people, more time needs to be spent on sound and visuals; and most importantly a unique selling point, which could be a twist to the genre or a distinctive intriguing storyline derived from interesting issues, emotions or topics. This kind of stuff could be developed with some help if you can find any...

Players can't really all be convinced at this stage; this is why I keep my project in development communities until it starts to look 'buy-able'.

But you know what you are doing.

I added the game to my game database a few weeks back, with a mini-review.

Who knows maybe when my world editor is finished you could use it to enhance the graphics and build shader materials.

Keep up all the good work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:59:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:59:00