Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] The Kingman Project (Action-Horror)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2013 08:01 Edited at: 25th Jun 2013 00:35
Hello users!
*Please note I am a beginner in FPSC. I do hope my newbie skills are good enough to make a decent game.

Developers - PixelIF, Jayskull, and I

Intro
The only reason why I write this pointless journal entry in my "diary", as the others call it, is we don't know anything about this mission. And because we do not have much information, I feel as if any minute now, we may all die. Anyways, We've been down here for about 2 weeks, I think. Everything looks like it hasn't been tended to in a long time. No signs of life yet and no signs of this "Kingman Project" we've been sent to sabotage. Why were we sent down here if we have no idea what this Kingman Project is or what is looks like? I sometimes think we are a bunch of test monkeys being used by our government.
In the horrid underground, we are beginning to loose our heads. I don't think Blackburn can take it anymore. This... place, is enormous! It looks like it could all collapse any minute. Wall pipes and industrial objects are in every corner, those pipes must be supplying some type of gas to something. I've read some notes on these pipes, that is what it said. When something new happens, I'll be sure to write it down.

This project will contain mostly action. The main idea of this game was to blast your way out, but we decided shooting everything wasn't always so fun. Therefore, we added the option of either sneaking past enemies or going through them. Whatever you did affected the game. This project also has a mixture of horror and adventure. For example, instead of walking down one hallway and into a couple of rooms throughout the game, we added the ability to do side missions and discover more about the story and mysteries.

Adding an upgrade station to this game was something that we thought of seriously. When walking up to this upgrade station, you can upgrade your guns or gear with the current money you have.

We know the horror and adventure genre is overly used in FPSC games, but we had to make an exception.

View our projects at http://pixeleater.org

And here is an image of an interesting closet.

The screenshots most likely don't reveal what the overall design of the game is, though we didn't want to show too much.

PixelEater Games
www.pixeleater.org
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2013 16:51
Wow, there is some nice work here, keep it up.

PixelEater
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2013 05:29 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2013 06:38
Quote: " Wow, there is some nice work here, keep it up."

Thanks! We try our best

PixelEater Games
www.pixeleater.org
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2013 12:51
The screen shots look good, but perhaps go more in depth with a story. I could imagine something intense and sinister to create a pretty cool game. At the moment this game needs something to set itself apart, as with a general amnesia situation a little flair is all that's needed to really get a good game. These screenshots look good, but they don't say anything about sound and the atmosphere caused by audio. Considering it has horror elements, sound design is critical. Some helpful links:

Free SFX UK

Audacity

CG Textures

Just a few things that you may not have come across. I you have, then all well and good, but its helpful if you haven't.

Keep up the good work,

Burger

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
PixelEater
Years of Service
User Offline
@Burger

Thanks for the links. As a beginner in FPSC I think these can help out a lot.

Please keep up the tips and criticism!

PixelEater Games
www.pixeleater.org
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2013 08:39 Edited at: 25th Jun 2013 00:13
The screenshot below may look dark. This is not the case. It is the dark colored walls and flooring that make this room look dark.

http://pixeleater.me
General Discussion Forums
danieleman
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks great so far.I can't wait to see more pictures from you,so keep up a good work.

Quote: " but perhaps go more in depth with a story"

I vote for that too.Try practicing more in writing stories(especially horror story).

MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD LIKE YOURS.
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th Jun 2013 19:23
Looking awesome!! Keep it up!

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
PixelEater
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks danieleman and Landman for your positive comments!

Here is another screenshot-

PixelEater Games
www.pixeleater.org
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 22:28
shift+r my friend. Rotate them objects one pixel at a time. Kinda bothers me to see everything perfectly turned. But otherwise the design is nice.

PixelEater
Years of Service
User Offline
I was not aware of that, Thanks Metal Devil123! It makes things a lot easier

PixelEater Games
www.pixeleater.org

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 06:55:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 06:55:40