Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Scriptideas [Contest] (Requests)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2013 17:27 Edited at: 1st Jul 2013 01:38
Hello community,

!!!This is now over, so please post no requests anymore!!!

I know that I create a Singelplayer AI so far and some other scripts, but I need some variety. So the plan is:

Over 2-4 weeks, everybody can post his scripting idea and the ten best I create with huds and all what it need.

List:
- Inventory script with weapons, health, items and keys.(PixelF)
- Halo Shield and Health Hud(Maybe sounds)(yashasp9)
- Hud timer(geistschatten)

Of course the requester become a beta version for testing purpose(if they want), so they can say what should be better and so on!

Best Regards

Corno_1

http://cornofpsc.webs.com/
I know that Corno has a lot of translations. If you find one sent me a mail
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2013 18:47 Edited at: 30th May 2013 18:47
Great Idea of having the contest! I have been trying to work on something but failed because i am not that good at scripting, but maybe you could pull it off. So this is the idea.

Using Hit detection, you could have it when you kill an enemy the enemy would change a texture to show wounds where the enemy was shot. Also im not sure but a better why would be to add a decal to wherever the enemy was shot, this would allow for the enemy to show where all the shots toke place rather then the last one.

A good example of this would be this game It is over done but it looks cool and gives you an idea of how injured the enemy is. Not even counting the look and feel it would add when you see the dead enemy with bullet wounds.

as i mentioned before i am not that good at scripting and not even sure if this is possible, but you might be able to tackle it and find a way to make it work.

best of luck with the contest.

PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 09:25
A simple inventory script!

http://pixeleater.me
General Discussion Forums
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
@Tomahawk you try this a long time? What do you do? Fpsc can just handle two model textures at once. With a decal it is impossible without a modded source. I did not know how to do this. I often try this with cutting the limbs off, but this gets strange results!

Quote: "A simple inventory script!"

@PixelF If you can bring a more detailed describtion what kind of inventory, that would be nice!
Weapon inventory
Health inventory
Items inventory
Other inventories

Corno_1

"The Corno_1 Way of Scripting" by Corno_1
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 19:36
@Corno_1: here is the thread that i was trying to get help with. I didn't really get anywhere, and a also didn't know it had to mod the source or that it can only handle to textures.

Thanks anyway.

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Corno

Great idea for a competition - often I have characters (meshes) who face and walk the wrong way, e.g. Rolfy's spiders. (Have you ever been attacked by a spiders' butt? Not fun, I promise.)

Then I use Fragmotion to turn them around, but as I suck at modelling in general, it seldom works. What about a script that can change the front to the back. Not just rotateiy as that only turns the character around on the y-axis, but a script I can put in the appearscript that will make the fpe realise that the mesh is back-to front and then adapt the animations.

Too easy?
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 21:11
@elbow

You gotta edit the .fpe for that!
Add the command "fixnewy = 180"
Or, if that command is already there... "fixnewy = 0" or remove it.

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
Without struggle,no progress and no result.Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine.
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 21:44
Quote: "@PixelF If you can bring a more detailed describtion what kind of inventory, that would be nice!"

Sorry about that.

An inventory that holds weapons and items. When a weapon or item is picked up, you can check your inventory and see your things in the inventory and use them later.

Adding health and keys to the inventory would make it better too!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 22:32
Quote: "(Have you ever been attacked by a spiders' butt? Not fun, I promise.)"

Not very pretty either.

@Wolf

Quote: "You gotta edit the .fpe for that!
Add the command "fixnewy = 180"
Or, if that command is already there... "fixnewy = 0" or remove it."

None of that works. Been there done that. It is set at 180. When script rotatetoplr command is given the spider turns around and is backwards. and will then attack backwards. If you delete the rotatetoplr command then the movefore command moves the spider in the direction of his backside.

Interestingly enough if you set the fixnewy to 0 or delete it, the spider does not even show up as if it were invisible. That's a whole 'nuther issue.

-- The Playground is a Great Place for Happy Feet --
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 22:42 Edited at: 31st May 2013 22:45
Hi Wolf and Flatlander

Like Flatlander, I tried that as well - no use as explained by Flatlander. So, maybe a Corno script can be a solution?

BTW Flatlander - joining a playground with happy feet is a good way to start
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 09:13
Quote: "A simple inventory script!"

I made a simple inventory scrip here, or at least as simple as it gets. I can post how I did it if someone wants it.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 11:58 Edited at: 1st Jun 2013 17:28
Quote: "Have you ever been attacked by a spiders' butt? Not fun, I promise."

Yes, I think one time in my live . I was in a zoo and there was(behind glass) a spider which attack me with her butt

Quote: "So, maybe a Corno script can be a solution?"

Sorry, I tried a lot of thinks, change hole scripts(melee10.fpi), but at the end I always get no result. It is much worse than before. Also I not find rolfys spider pack on my hd. So please, if rolfy read this:"Can you sent it to me? Thanks in advance! "
It seems like this is coded. I didn´t know what is to do, so you must bit in the soure apple and turn them around or get attacked form a spiders butt.

@PixelF Thanks, this will be the first script so far

@Burger This is the first usefull comment here and you want to destroy it. The most is already done from someone, so please let me this chance to make a scriptpack, ok? Maybe you will find my inventory script better and replace yours

Addition:
Here is the inventory design(Color is easily replacable with Paint net)(I haven´t written a single line of code which is the hard task):

Corno_1

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 15:34
Corno_1
That looks really good. Nice, simple and clean inventory.
One can see their items very easily.
yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 16:31 Edited at: 1st Jun 2013 16:33
A halo like shield regenerating script with sound.

Edit:Screenshot attached

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Corno_1
That looks really good. Nice, simple and clean inventory.
One can see their items very easily. "

Thanks, I hope that it not getting to complicated to bring it into your game.

Quote: "A halo like shield regenerating script with sound."

Wow, that was my favorite game since I play it by my friend and I never thought of redoing this. Will be done soon

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Tomahawk you try this a long time? What do you do? Fpsc can just handle two model textures at once. With a decal it is impossible without a modded source. I did not know how to do this. I often try this with cutting the limbs off, but this gets strange results!"

Thats because you looking at it the wrong way, this can be done but the limb system is designed to work with the model.

To get the effect you want you need to make a new model with the animations. Bonds model packs makes use of the new limb system and works pretty well.

Quote: "Great idea for a competition - often I have characters (meshes) who face and walk the wrong way, e.g. Rolfy's spiders. (Have you ever been attacked by a spiders' butt? Not fun, I promise.)"

Uhmmm not sure why they be doing that just tested them out and they work fine for me unless they been changes as I am using the beta versions of the pack.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Sadly offtopic:
@S4real:
This was the question:
Quote: "Using Hit detection, you could have it when you kill an enemy the enemy would change a texture"

Your comment to my answer:
Quote: "To get the effect you want you need to make a new model with the animations. Bonds model packs makes use of the new limb system and works pretty well."

If I am not completely wrong then a texture has nothing to do with animation, maybe with shaders, but not with animations. My answer was that Fpsc just can handle 2 textures, and that was correct, or? But even if animation has something to do with that, this is a scripting request thread...

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 20:47
Here's something to try. Grid based movement and a turn based attack. There are a few games made with DBPro that do that. I'd like to see an attempt with FPSC.

It's way out of MY league when it comes to scripting, but you? You're good.

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 22:18
Quote: " Fpsc can just handle two model textures at once. With a decal it is impossible without a modded source. I did not know how to do this. I often try this with cutting the limbs off, but this gets strange results!"

Quote: "Thats because you looking at it the wrong way, this can be done but the limb system is designed to work with the model.

To get the effect you want you need to make a new model with the animations. Bonds model packs makes use of the new limb system and works pretty well."

Quote: " My answer was that Fpsc just can handle 2 textures, and that was correct, or?"

Actually, there is another method- using the "video texture" technique. I use it on entities/characters, so does Rolfy. This way you can use more than 2 textures.

Quote: "Here is the inventory design(Color is easily replacable with Paint net)(I haven´t written a single line of code which is the hard task):"

That is a nice clean style on the inventory. We have one special designed for our Egyptian game development. Making the huds and such is easy- the scripting is what takes a lot of time. Getting everything placed, test, adjust, repeat. We put in over three weeks of full days getting ours just right, and it is completely mouse-driven.

Best of luck on yours.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2013 12:12 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2013 13:05
Quote: "Grid based movement and a turn based attack."

Ehm what is that? Maybe you show me one of this games please?
Quote: "Actually, there is another method- using the "video texture" technique. This way you can use more than 2 textures."

Yes, but can you have more than ten videotextures in a level?
Quote: "That is a nice clean style on the inventory."

Thanks
Quote: "We have one special designed for our Egyptian game development."

When we hear something from this omnious project?
Quote: "Getting everything placed,"

Done already
Quote: "it is completely mouse-driven. "

Wow really? My compliment about that. I not going to do this or maybe in a later time for training. My inventory will be simple and just for watching what you have(I think this is enough for now)

Anubis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2013 13:46 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2013 14:50
Howdy,

How about a hud that 'tells' the player where he/she is being hit from when being shot.
Like sort of North-East-South-West marker around the crosshair (if used..) where the enemy, that is shooting at you, is.
Don't know how to explain this any better, hope you understand what i mean.
At this time you only know you are being shot, but you have no idea where the shooting is coming from (left, right, front, back...). Until you see the muzzleflash from his/her weapon. I want sort of a hit detection hud. But i don't have any idea how to solve this.

Grts
Anubis

-+- There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't -+-

[Chipset:X58 CPU:i7.950.64 GPU:HD5970 RAM:12GB DDR3 WIN:7.x64 PRO FPSC:1.20.10]
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I want sort of a hit detection hud."

I try this also a long time ago, but without modding it is not possible. Sometime I ask TZK if he could implemnt this in the community mod, but it is discontinued so you should not hope for anything.

PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 04:35
Hurray! You're making the inventory! It looks very sleek and simple, very nice job.

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 06:14
@Corno_1:
By grid based, I mean the player and enemies would move one segment at a time.
By turn based attack, I meant you and an enemy would take turns using attacks that are randomized and the enemy would deal randomized damage.

Sorry, I wasn't able to really explain it well, and I couldn't find a decent example.

Plus I have no idea hat the real names of those systems are called.

I just thought if it were possible with the addition of inventory, there will be a new genre of games out there.

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 09:07 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2013 09:27
What about a script that causes anti-gravity for a NPC?

Or a script that sucks a NPC out of a window, door, etc.? (Could be used for a plane crash or space game.)

Or a script that has a countdown timer on screen as a HUD (e.g. 30 seconds to get to winzone) with an automatic kill if it hits zero?
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 13:03 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2013 13:05
@The Nerevar
I understand now what you want. Something similar to the old Final Fantasy in First Person. And I think a lot about it, but it not fit really in here(my opinion). Not because it is not possible, just because it would need a lot of support and a big tutorial. It is not a script what you write and then it is finished, understand you? So if I will create this, I would do a own thread for it. But great idea

@geistschatten
1) antigravity for npc you get best if you use water and make it higher that the hole level! Or mean you something different?
2) I must look into it, because without good animation it looks weird
3) This is possible I think so I will add it.

@PixelF
Thanks

Corno_1

yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 13:56 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2013 13:59
Thanks for agreeing to make the hud

Here is another request:

A Remote Control Turret/A.I. Script

When the player presses a button,the camera changes to the camera of the entity to be controlled.then the player can press buttons to make it do a specific action like shooting,moving forward,self-destructing etc.If the player presses the button again, the camera changes to the player view.

I think this is possible but very very very complicated.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 18:02 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2013 18:03
@Corno_1 :- I might of read this wrong I was just going by removing limbs and the easy option would be to have a model do this.(and yes you still would need to script it to work as well.)

As blackfox said you could use video textures.

best of luck with your scripts and the inventory does look good.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
@Corno_1
1) No, the water is pretty much what I had in mind. I just always felt like that messed with the framerate.
2) That's true, it was only an idea.
3) I know there is a COD-type health system around here, so maybe that could be reversed and then a HUD added for the countdown?
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
So like I tell in my other post, I passed my exams and so I will work again at this.

!!!This is the last week!!! Requests are welcome.

If not more than this three things are wanted, I just will do them.

Have a nice day like me

Corno_1

Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2013 04:47
I have an idea if there is still time. So basically you press F and when you do it equips a weapon fires the weapon and then holsters it and goes to the last weapon you had selected. this would be used with a knife or a super hero special attack or something of the kind. not sure if this is possible but it could be a good feature.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
@tomahawk I will look into it

@all This is now over and I will work on the three requests.

geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
@Corno_1 Awesome! Can't wait to see it!
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
@all I promise this is not forgotten, I simply was in holliday. Now I am back and will work again soon.

I did not have any release termin for it, because I must do a lot of things I promise the waiting is it worth.

Quote: "Awesome! Can't wait to see it! "

Thanks, I will work now on this hole

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 07:55:21
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 07:55:21