Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [use] to pick up key?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, new here and new to using FPSC and scripting. What I want is to walk up to a key and have to press the [use] button to pick it up rather than walking past not knowing it's there and accidentally picking it up.

Also, after using the key on a door to unlock it, how do I get it to stop saying Door locked use key etc?

Thanks in advance n00b here
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2013 10:06 Edited at: 14th Jun 2013 10:07
Quote: "What I want is to walk up to a key and have to press the [use] button to pick it up"

Hey SR212787, good to see you asking questions about scripting and FPSC. About your first question, you're searching for a reasonable script about picking up keys. However, perhaps in future you should show your progress or attempts so far so we can better help you. This is so you can learn better by understanding scripting and save us designing a script for you. That's just a friendly suggestion, as you're most likely to get the best results out of the forum that way. However, you aren't asking for much.

What I did was piece together this script with the addition of a few lines. This line here defined the 'press enter to use' hud:

This was added on the same state that detected when the use key was pressed to show the use hud:

And plrusingaction=1 was added to detect if the use key was being pressed.

Quote: "Also, after using the key on a door to unlock it, how do I get it to stop saying Door locked use key etc?"

This one has been answered in the FPSC community guide. If you haven't already looked through it I would definitely reccomend the read, it has most valuable knowledge within it. You can find it located in your fps creator\docs folder, along with other files you definitely should look through (script syntax list . . .). Here's the exact text from the guide answering the question:

Or, on page 88. Hope this helped,
Burger

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:15:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:15:31