Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Default Net Game not working over a LAN

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 07:11
Greetings

I use Windows 7 and have 3 Computers hooked up on a Homegroup. I'm running DBPro Commands to hook them up in games together but I'm experiencing no success. They can connect to games on their own IP(running 2 programs on the same comp) but cannot communicate with the other comps on the network.

Perform Checklist for Net Sessions doesn't seem to be returning anything even when another computer on the network is hosting a DBPro Net Game.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if I need to change settings on the network/router. Even a point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Ask not for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for ye!
Rick the Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2013 04:43 Edited at: 28th Jun 2013 04:57
So I searched for hours and hours with no luck finding anything helpful on my issue of being unable to get my computers to talk over DB programs. As far as I could tell, it was some kind of IP issue due to the Verizon Modem being the sole connection hub for the network. If Windows was like Diablo 1, I'm sure the solution to my problem would have been somewhere down in levels 9-12. I ended up purchasing DarkNET to simplify setting up my network communications, as well as greatly increasing the odds of it working on all sorts of network setups.

It worked out well enough, allowing me to get my computers to communicate without messing around with settings outside of DBPro. Happy with it so far, though there is a lack of proper tutorials on how to use it.

If anyone happens to be searching the boards for helpful info on the topic of multiplayer, here are links to what I found most helpful to my final resolution:

DarkNET Page on TGC.com
This is where you can find DarkNET itself, as well as the sample code. The Server and Client files for CubeWorld will have actual code to reference, and is likely what you're looking for. It's what I was looking for.

MikeNET
This is the website of the developer of DarkNET. The link takes you to (what I presume to be) the full index of commands available.

Happy Programming :X

Ask not for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for ye!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:16:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:16:59