Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Third person Scripts?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 18:23
are there any good third person scripts out there, if so can you link me to them. thanks.

Jermiah Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 18:42
There is really no "Third Person Scripts" but there is different views of camera scripts. Third Person really don't exist in FPSC because your character has no model.

The advanced game creator + Good listener.

Taking school for game creating and using FPS Creator for starters.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There is really no "Third Person Scripts""

ok, then explain me what this is:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195008

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=186208&b=21

But this scripts need a lot of ressources!!!

http://cornofpsc.webs.com/
I know that Corno has a lot of translations. If you find one sent me a mail
Jermiah Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2013 00:00 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2013 00:00
Quote: "But this script need a lot of ressources!!!"

That is basically what I mean. Read my post one more time and see that most, if not all third person scripts need a lot of resources. It is not possible to make an actual Third Person Script in FPSC without a lot of scripting.

The advanced game creator + Good listener.

Taking school for game creating and using FPS Creator for starters.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2013 00:30
Quote: "are there any good third person scripts out there, if so can you link me to them. thanks."

The two "good" 3rd person scripts are in the link(s) Corno provided.

Quote: "But this scripts need a lot of ressources!!!"
Quote: "That is basically what I mean. Read my post one more time and see that most, if not all third person scripts need a lot of resources. It is not possible to make an actual Third Person Script in FPSC without a lot of scripting."

Actually, it is not hard to do at all, if you know and understand the scripting language and how to make it work in your favor. We have one for our source (v1.17) and with the commands the latest source has in comparison, you should be able to pull it off. All you need is a script, a model for the character, a trigger. Not much for resources at all.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There is really no "Third Person Scripts" but there is different views of camera scripts. Third Person really don't exist in FPSC because your character has no model."

Quote: "That is basically what I mean. Read my post one more time and see that most, if not all third person scripts need a lot of resources. It is not possible to make an actual Third Person Script in FPSC without a lot of scripting."

1. You can use any character model even stock will do so resources are covered.
2. Ummm 3rd person scripting requires a lot of scripting....goes without saying, so it is possible then?

The truth is out there

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2013 04:49
Quote: "You can use any character model even stock will do so resources are covered."

That is correct. As long as the character is "rigged" to the biped and can move, you can use it.

Quote: "Ummm 3rd person scripting requires a lot of scripting....goes without saying, so it is possible then?"

Depends on what and how you want to achieve it. One script assigned to the character model, one script assigned to the trigger to "switch" to 3rd person view, and one small two-line script to use as "camera view" to control where the camera view is to be when controlling the 3rd person.

It is not a lot of scripting. 250 lines and 15 lines for the two scripts, plus the trigger script. It all depends on what you know the scripting language can do and what you want it to look like. If we can make it in v1.17, then it is definitely achievable in v1.20 considering the commands like "plrcam" and "entitycam". All it takes is a little willingness to read, learn, and attempt.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2013 09:11
I was able to get something going using the attach entity to player script. and if you angle the camera down towards the entity it legitly looks like the entity is the player. The problems you'll face is getting all the animations to work properly timed with your player actions.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
We looking into adding a hardcoded 3rd person when scene and myself start on our last mod.

using a lot of scripts can slow down the engine but blackfox and corno has the best method at the moment.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:02:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:02:47