Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Random seeded level questions.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2013 23:13
Hello there, it's been awhile since i've used fpsc. First of i'm not requesting for a script, I'm merely asking for suggestions on how I would go about achieving my goal and this seemed like the most appropriate place.

I'd like to have my levels randomly seeded, my preferred method would be to have made lets say a hundred levels and then the game is built. Upon execution the game plays out with the first level, yet every level after that is randomly picked from the total of one hundred that have been created.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how I could go about this? For those wondering why, I would like to create a small project similar to the SCP-087 series.
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Jul 2013 22:52
You can only have a max of 50 levels and at the end of each level your winning zone there is a script which picks a random variable (eg. Level 1 to level 50) and then loads that level which is chosen under a random variable. I'm on my phone at the moment but I'm sure its possible. So each level is assigned to a variable which is in an array.

Let me see when I get home.

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:40:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:40:39