Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / DBPro compiler stopped but the Error Report nor the Executable could be found

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2013 18:42
OK, this happened to me; no idea why. Searched the site for past experiences, applied all recommendations. Still happened on XP and Windows 7.

With no error report it has taken 4 days to find out that one line in 80,000 was causing the problem; following line

This turned out to be no different to many identical lines performing a basic UDT array insertion function call using the following UDT:

By creating a separate project with the problematic line UDTs, the error could not be reproduced.

I'm posting this experience as it might lead to a clue later on, but right now I have no idea what is wrong with the compiler or this code.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2013 20:43
The suspected cause above is only a partial cause. Another cause, or the main cause of the problem is the function count; thus the complexity and size of the program.

The following snippet can be used to generate a large series of functions which when compiled, crash the compiler after the linking stage.

Once I go past roughly 2233 functions in my project; this problem occurs (I do not use sub-routines). Cutting out areas of the project fixed the issue, so I will resort splitting the project into two parts.

Something in the compiler has been exhausted, the test was run on two seperate machines and operating systems. Anyone who else who this happens to will need to restructure their work.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 8th Jul 2013 16:55
Interesting finding.
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 02:53
Maybe the compiler is running out of memory?

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 17:23
No, it doesn't appear to be caused by insufficient memory. The compilers memory usage immediately before the crash is 70 megabytes.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2013 03:03
Well, at least the function stack limit seems reasonable. I managed to compile a function containing 7000 lines of code. Having to now squeeze more sardines into fewer cans, but all is going smoothly so far.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 22:20:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 22:20:37