Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Floating objects?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2013 04:19 Edited at: 6th Jul 2013 04:49
FLOATRATE=X
this option makes an entity float, however it osculated between the upper and lower positions.

Is there a command that will offset the object/entity along an X amount along Y axis? I have an entity that follows a path but it need top be floating.

Isenstadt Studio: http://isenstadtstudio.com/
Composers Page: Milesthatch.com
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2013 06:54
Hi Tobias_Ripper
According to the syntax description the oscillation can not be changed. Just the amount of "float".
FLOATRATE=X
Description: This defines the height to which the entity floats. This action will cause the entity to oscillate up and down from its original position to a height of 2X units. The rate oscillation can not be changed using script commands.
Hope this helps.
best
Tobias_Ripper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2013 06:58
Well I got what the Sytax says. What I mean is I wanted the entity to levitate above the ground as it follows the path.

Ends up that it has to be edited within the entity FPE as "offy = X" value -

"offy = X - X equals the y offset"

Tobias_Ripper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2013 18:43
In case anyone else wants to know. ONE of the ways that I figured you can do is open the model in a 3d editor (some may require a conversion to .obj) and lift the model up along the Y axys. Now next point is immmportant - you have to add a small box/platform to the very bottom of your grid. - Y=0 (not y=-200 or y=-5343) but y=0 (noob proof explanation ) and then you scale the platform/box down to the smallest you can get.

Now you an texture ur object and export it (AS SEPARATE FILE - to preserve the original). Essentially what happens is within the FPE file of your model (as long as the polygon collision is set to box) your object will appear as one whole and that tiny,barely visible platform is still technically there thus FPSC has to wrap the box around it too and the bottom the is supposed to touch the floor is the bottom of that small platform. So the height by which you have lifted your entity, character in the 3D editor is the height it will be displayed in within FPSC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:24:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:24:27