Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [Project] Land Conquest

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Updates:
Got the first skill working. "Raid" Rush across the field killing any enemy units along the way and slams right into the enemy commander. This skill is great for catching the commander but leaves you alone and venerable if the enemies are in a defensive formation.

Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Updates:
Been doing some fine tuning with the dueling system. Commanders on the field has the options to duke it out with or without any troops. Depending on the class type, they will have advantages or disadvantages dealing with each others.

This example using two classes that has both Melee & Ranged combat. In terms of skills, any character can obtain the level-1 skills of a different class through equipping items such as srolls, orbs, etc. So it's possible for a Magic class character to possess the skill "Raid" which is originally a Spear class skill and the reverse.

There are drawbacks when using cross-class skills because it will not perform to the best of it's ability.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2013 23:14
It is amazing what one person is able to do these days. It looks Looks real animate.

Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
@Christ Tate
Yes mate anyone person is capable of doing a lot. Just depends how much time you put into it. It's easier when you are single and living off on your own and with nobody to bother you at all (except for work).

Updates:
Starting to work on the Battle Music. This is in fact my weakest skill because it's hard to understand music theory and all that other junk. The music is very short and incomplete but it's a start and that is what matters most.

Things are starting to slow down a bit. I had to take some time off to play video games . What's a gamer who doesn't play games right?

pictionaryjr
Years of Service
User Offline
Progress looks good and I agree. How could you possibly know what a gamer wants without being one yourself/
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 21:19
I third that! I play and watch video games as part of my routine.

Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 23:06 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2013 23:07
Updates:
The project code is getting really messy now. Have been working on a new menu/button interface for my editor. The menu/buttons are able to change values or string and can also be repositioned easily with the mouse. Has an autosave function, so after positioning all the menu/button during runtime, the next time I run; it stays in the previous configuration. Adding a new menu/button can be inserted in any order.

I've finally started to get into the habit of coding with the intentions of future reuse and also sharing the same source code across different projects. Yeah it really took me this long to figure this out, better late than never I suppose.

Currently thinking of adding an animation editor into this.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2013 17:55
How's this project going. It has been a while since the last update, given your usual consistency; are you working on something major which leaves no time for posts, or are you taking a little break? Some time for familiar and friends perhaps?

Starting to miss the usual updates to this project, and projects like these in general. Keep up with it if you have lost a bit of motivation; ignore this message if the break was purposeful.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2013 08:44
@ Ashingda 27,

This looks great - so polished....

Keep it going!

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
I got side tracked the last few weeks I've been modding/hacking Smash Bros Brawl. It was a new experience so I really hit it hard and strong. I added a sword mode to one of the character Ganondorf, creating a whole new moveset and you are able to switch from normal mode to using the sword and back when ever you want during battle.

I know it's quite unrelated but I learned a great deal. I now have a bit more understanding on how console games are structured and used, the way it was designed, function and code wise and other extra things that may help me in the long run. Also did a great deal of animation work and coding/scripting.

If anyone's curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Gj0EvveQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSgwRWm-Wkw

Now that this is over with, I should be coming back to Land Conquest. With the newly acquired experience I'll be trying some new methods. My life will be so much easier if I use external data so I don't have to compile every damn time just to test a silly result.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2013 15:43
R&D is a good thing, what is development without any research; I learned a lot from playing games, mapping and modding for them.

Quote: "
My life will be so much easier if I use external data"

Amen. I quit compiling large applications now; used to compile two 50-60k line programs, now I am slowly but surely reducing the compile process to 20k hopefully down to 15k. I am translating the code into scripts, XML and interpreter code (VB.NET).

Looking forward to giving this game a go; never had a chance to play one of these types of games properly.

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2013 17:41
Wow.. I am just amazed! Your project growing and growing!!
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the encouragement you guys. I have to say, being away working hard on something else really helps refresh things when you return.

For some reason it's different when you are making progress somewhere else vs taking a break. Simply taking a break just doesn't seem to do much other than kill time. I guess it's the experience gained that makes things refreshing again?

I think this is important for long term projects, because you will burn out at some point and if nothing is done, the project dies. It also seems to be more effective when the new thing you are doing is completely different from what you were working on.

I'm currently reworking my animation system and variable structures and aiming for a more simple approach.

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 00:34
I have to admit I've never looked at this thread before but this is awesome. I really like the art style and the animation, game play looks good too. Hope you get it finished. Will you be releasing a WIP demo?

one of these days I'll come up with a better signature

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:45:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:45:07