Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Escape The Bunker: 1945

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2013 18:05 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2013 18:46

Developer: Astech

Engine Version: 1.19

NOTICE: The game creator does not support nazi ideology nor is the aim to be offensive.

Screenshots:

A look at "phantom vision".

Story:

You play as an undisclosed male who is currently trapped inside a bunker gone awry. Radio reports are buzzing in- Reichstag has fallen, however, the war is not over yet. There remains one final order to be called. One last desperate attempt. If Nazi Germany cannot win, no one will.

Description:

Due to Escape The Bunker: 1944 being my most known and (most successful?) game project, I have decided to give it a proper run for the money and do a re-imagining. The main setting and characters will stay core for most of this new project but a lot of key things are going to be reworked to make this a new experience. Seeing how I wasn't in my prime when making the game and then seeing so many people play it... I decided this game needs justice done. I searched long and hard and I found the Bunker horror games are almost non-existent... so at least I nailed something down on the first go! With this being a recycling, I expect this project to get done rather quickly. This time, the quality should be top notch and provide a different ambience than before.

In this game there is a twist feature called "Phantom Vision" or something like that. It allows you to travel to a hidden dimension and see things or get things you couldn't before. Beware though! Even more creatures lurk in this alternate reality!

Afterword:

So, FPSC, I know what you are thinking- "Are you going to finish The Birds?" Well why wouldn't I? That is most definitely on my list. With your support, there should be no reason for me to clunk out on this project or The Birds. A question I want to ask is, what do you guys think about the more realistic look? Remember, we are in ACTUAL 1945- the look of the stuff would be pretty newish. I just need your thoughts on that. I'm also planning to focus on stock media use again so once again, any thoughts on that? I'm here all day people. I want to make this happen!

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Escape The Bunker: 1945 - A Much Needed Remake
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2013 07:14 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2013 07:19
UPDATE:

The first screens are VERY EARLY WIP so I apologize for not showing much. I'm changing things here and there to compensate for the memory cap (how did I hit it so quick???) as well as shaping the map to make it more believable.

Screenshot:

A mess hall just outside of the kitchen, war room, and communications room. Bare in mind this is a place for VIP's and the Shock Trooper elites so I'm trying to make it elaborate. As for the name of this screenshot, I like to call it... Dinner With The Dead.

MORE TO COME

PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2013 07:28 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2013 07:30
Just by looking at the screenshots, I can already tell it wont feel like fpsc.

www.pixeleater.me
Register now to become a reasonably intelligent human being!
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2013 16:57
Very nice

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I appreciate the comments. After thinking hard about it... I'm going to push this game in a new direction. Instead of making a completely new bunker, I'm going to make the setting "Fuhrerbunker". With this, the name will be changed to accommodate the change. I wanted to do this because now I have some better references to go by and now I could get away with doing more than I could before.

As with such a change, I'm going to remove some ideas I had thought of beforehand. We will see how this turns out.

PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2013 07:13
I hope this hasn't died

www.pixeleater.me
Register now to become a reasonably intelligent human being!
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2013 15:06 Edited at: 18th Sep 2013 15:07
I'm taking an FPSC break but game ideas are in the back of my mind. I'm most likely going to brawden some of the game when I return to the project. I'm still not sure where I want to take the setting. As for now, take everything as extreme WIP.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2013 16:02
That screenshots looks very eeriee and is one of the best ww2 related things I have seen in FPSC since its birth. You certainly brought a lot to the table already in terms of effort and willingness for customisation (custumisation?). If this is supposed to be regarded as heavy W.I.P, I can't wait to see what a beta version will look..and play..like.

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2013 00:30 Edited at: 25th Sep 2013 00:32
Quote: "If this is supposed to be regarded as heavy W.I.P, I can't wait to see what a beta version will look..and play..like."

FPSC is a love-hate relationship. We all know this. So many projects get backed-burned and/or canned because of the sheer limitations in place. You work around FPSC but in the end... it can only do so much. Hopefully with FPSCR new things can be realised.

My original goal was to set the game in a castle and because of this being FPSC... that idea sent me backwards. Backtracking isn't really good or something that I like to do. Also, for some reason... I'm hitting the cap sooner than I thought.

If you don't hear any more updates- assume this to be canned. I'm most likely going to work on whatever I do next in private.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2013 07:19 Edited at: 15th Oct 2013 07:23
UPDATE:

I just wanted to let you guys know what goes on with most of my projects and why they are either canned/ set-back/ or changed altogether.

When I started this, I had a certain vision but after toying with FPSC... I realized it was a bit more spontaneous and extreme to do at this point in time. I then decided I wanted to narrow it down. In theory it would have worked fine to narrow down the game but I then felt too boxed in.

I would like to go for the same time period however I might now have a way to do this title, the I wanted to do for the first game. It is bigger in scale but perhaps easier to pull off as a short game. One of the biggest things for me is not level creation or plot creating but the creation of a believable antagonist or creature you are fighting. Without my own take on the enemies you will face... I feel just like any other FPSC game- and that is the point where I lose my drive.

I was thinking of setting the game pre-WW2 to mid-WW2 on a German controlled island. I also wanted to mix it up even more and perhaps aim the story towards the Lovecraft fans.

Any comments on my thoughts?

EDIT

Also, which do you think would do a Lovecraft game better? A fleshed out start or a dropping off into the story with perhaps only in-game situations to clue you in?

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2013 15:20 Edited at: 15th Oct 2013 15:21
Quote: "I had a certain vision but after toying with FPSC... I realized it was a bit more spontaneous and extreme to do at this point in time. I then decided I wanted to narrow it down. In theory it would have worked fine to narrow down the game but I then felt too boxed in."
I face the same difficulties every-time I try making a complete game/level in FPSC. I salute you and many others because you still managed to release games even with this challenge, while me and I'm pretty sure a lot of other people have tried and failed
Quote: "A fleshed out start or a dropping off into the story with perhaps only in-game situations to clue you in?"
I'm more fond of the latter as it gives you much more creative freedom on your level design and its puzzles and prolongs the game-play without adding much memory-eating elements.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the input Da2020.

I wanted everyone to know that there is a 3rd alternative but it would cost me a good bit of money to do.

Option #1: Takes place in a Bunker similar to the first game.

Option #2: Cthulhu-esc style with a story I'm not sure would hold 100% to the genre.

OR

Option #3: Nazi's occupy Transylvania and are invited to a dinner party with The Count in his castle. You play as an ally spy. The whole premise is much like The Devil Is Not Mocked. This would be the biggest challenge but the most unique. I'm most certain this could be done if given the right assets. Outdoor design is almost a BARE minimum. I experimented before with this and to my conclusion, the Amnesia level style inclosure is a big must.

So, in a rephrased question... would you guys like to see Option 3 with perhaps a cameo of Dr. Frankenstein and his monster as well? The Wolfman maybe?

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2013 15:47
Damn, option 3 sounds kinda risky but a really unique idea nonetheless. I'd personally prefer it.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2013 00:26
Quote: "Damn, option 3 sounds kinda risky"

Why?

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2013 13:52 Edited at: 17th Oct 2013 13:55
@Wolf

It's just my opinion but it sounds like it is not gonna be the typical linear FPSC game. I haven't seen a finished, Amnesia-type and story-driven game in FPSC yet. But if it is something like your game, Euthanasia, then I have no worries, ASTECH can certainly achieve it.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm just toying with ideas here. If I do any of the above its going to be in short-story format. I don't think fleshing anything out will get anything done. Linear is the way of FPSC. The way you handle it is what counts.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Well after pledging and getting some nice media for free... I might take the plunge and do a mini-game out of this... I also have new ideas just bouncing in my head!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:42:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:42:22