Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / comunity 5 star review.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 24th Aug 2013 14:11
i put this here on the Show Case section as this is the best place and i wonder if this can be maybe edited better and then Stick to top.

so the idea is simple.
whenever one of us publish here a post with : Released (Title)
and a "Link - to the app page" we all click that link..
1st review for a 5 star even if we don't agree. as this will benefit everyone here on AppGameKit .
2nd download the free versions , just to get that app higher on the top scale on the given store.

what do you say?
if this works... just when publishing we will automatically get about (guessing...) 10 to 30 5 stars, a review and a download count only from the AppGameKit community.
it will benefit everyone here.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2013 14:43
Giving 5 Star ratings to apps that doesn't deserve it will generally generate 1 star ratings from people who disagree. I say people should download every app they find at least a bit interested and if they want give a honest rating. Always keep in mind that a higher rating is better for the dev, but don't overdo it. Also, please rate everything you like.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2013 23:48
It's a good idea.

I would amend it to people trying the free version and then rating free/paid versions honestly but with some positive comments, if you really can't find anything positive to say then just skip that title, or if you want to give 1 or 2 stars then perhaps skip it too

The amount of extra downloads you get from this thread is probably not going to add to much, but every little helps.

milhaus
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm dead against this. I like the fact that the App Store reviews have an element of integrity. Rigging the system with undeserved reviews is not in the spirit of the thing - if you want a five star rating then develop a five star game. You shouldn't have to fool any one into getting your game.

As for downloading the free version of agk games, I try to do that whenever possible, so that's not an issue for me.

Might sound a bit preachy, but I want to know that if I download a five star game then it is actually a five star game.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 10:08
i agree millhaus. ok
so maybe act like matty suggested.
if its below 3 stars for your opinion..
Do not review it. if its greater then do it.
but i think we should get a confirmation from all the developers here to do so.

and as matty said this may not be a huge amount of ppl but could really help the app get started on its first , second day.

Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 12:33
haliop, I don't mean to be rude, but: I don't think this is a good idea. You are asking your fellow AGK-users to disregard their objectivity when rating apps and games. To me, this would feel like committing fraud or at least deceiving people in a way that could really backfire on both the creator of the app and the AppGameKit community in general.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 12:40
yeah i took it back ...
the idea is if you give a review atleast give it a good review..
so as suggested by others here.. if its below 3 stars do not review it but download it so the download count will be higher
if its above 3 stars then review it and give a nice comment.
i didnt mean to fraud ppl...

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 18:12 Edited at: 25th Aug 2013 18:13
Well, haliop is not that wrong.... I explain...
My experience on iOS store, for example, say me that much of the ratings are false.
If you surf internet you can find easily some site where you can buy 5 star rating for your apps.

I know is not correct to hype a forum friend app, but sometimes good apps doesn't raise the ranking, as the other publishers have more money than you to invest in advertise, and have 2/3 people that take care of a site to show their works.

IOS 7 will change the store again as they understood the ios 6 killed indie developers.
Some times i was forced to delete apps and upload them again with another name to try to raise the ranking, and it worked.
I think the star rating must be different, as the most of times, are wrong.... I think a 14+ years old can solve some of those problems.

Anyway, in the end, for me is not bad idea.

Long life to Steve!
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 19:06
you know what i think everyone here actually missed the point of this post.

its not about 5 4 or 2 stars.. its about as a community
review , rank and help raise each other apps to the top of each market , that is all. anyone who dont agree with me.. is kinda stupid.
let the flames begin

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My experience on iOS store, for example, say me that much of the ratings are false.

If you surf internet you can find easily some site where you can buy 5 star rating for your apps."

Yes, and it is obvious when a scam app debuts and immediately has dozens or even hundreds of similar five star reviews. People pay big money for fake reviews and downloads, which helps propel their app up the charts. Of course, when real users start downloading it, if it isn't a good app, it soon has way more one stars than five stars. I also think many do not read reviews at all--I've seen the worst apps ever stay at the top in Entertainment on iTunes, with everyone giving it one stars for weeks on end yet still people kept downloading them (i.e., the fake 'lock my iphone' apps).

Quote: "IOS 7 will change the store again as they understood the ios 6 killed indie developers."

That's good to hear! It really did hurt sales, when they removed the new release list and began only showing the top 200 apps in each category. They also kept the same mainstream apps as featured for weeks and months (i.e., WWE) while paying little attention to small developers.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
How will ios7 ratings work?

what will happen if someone logs in from an ios5 or 6 device? will they see the new or old ratings system?
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 20:45
pushes it up , thats a much better post title then mine
and to think i posted there hehehehe i forgot all about it.
ok so as i wrote there, we just need to get this organized. i promise each day to review each and everybody free app if it will be 5 stars for my opinion i'll even buy it if the price is right and justified.

pherhaps we can even write in the review :
"AGK C" and then the review , so we all know this is a Community review from the trade network. it might not be as wise as not putting it there... i dont know..

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 20:57
I think putting something in to indicate that it is a community review would be suspicious and confuse customers.
I've bought some apps that I've done trades with, but I do the review and then go get a refund because I don't want to spend my money :p

I think this is best for free apps.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2013 19:35
97 % of ios users will update to ios7 so is not a problem.
This is the power of developing for apple.
The new method is to show the SUM of all old review stars.
For example, me, every time i release an update i restart from 0 and i lose all my averages.
I started to update all apps to support from ios 6.1 and changed all the AppGameKit template to a new faster one.

I losed about 30% of earnings with the ios 6 store, i hope i will get it again with the ios 7.
Now my averages will back to 4,5 stars and i hope the update will raise again.

Long life to Steve!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:11:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:11:31