Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Manifest file location

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried to use the One click deploy to Android but do not know where to put the manifest XML file. Should it be in the media folder?

Sincerely,
Max Tillberg
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2013 22:26
I don't think you supply the AndroidManifest.xml file for the one click deployment.

It is dynamically (I think) generated from information that you provide.

And I don't know if they have it set up for dealing with one orientation.

If someone from TGC doesn't respond to this (and Paul is off on vacation until 3-September), you might need to post it in the AppGameKit Products Chat forum to get their attention (but I could be wrong).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2013 22:21
The orientation can be specified in the web form (fifth field under App Icon button). The options are Portrait, Landscape or all. So the MANIFEST file should be updated consequently. I have posted many APKs generated using the TGC facility, some portrait and some landscape, and the orientation is always managed correctly by the device. So I suppose that it works well.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2013 23:15
MarcoBruti, thank you. I suspected they must have at least thought of it. I haven't looked at the one-click site (I am comfortable building my own APKs).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2013 14:56
I have used both Eclipse based APK generation and TGC one, and I found the web option very useful, especially when you have not the entire SDK-NDK-Eclipse on your PC. BTW, I have created my last 2 apps using Corona SDK Starter Edition (free), that has got a similar option to build the APK via the web. I do not want to migrate to Corona, whose production version is very expensive (although Starter Edition is more than enough for me), but only as an example, the production (paid) version has a facility to generate the APK locally.
In my opinion AGKv2 must have such feature.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2013 16:41
TGC is planning to create a feature that lets you build your APK one click style. The web site was the first step in that process so that they could work out what was needed. At least that is my understanding.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:22:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:22:07