Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / CoD Stlye Game W.I.P

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2013 07:20 Edited at: 31st Aug 2013 16:26
Title- Unit 13

Developer- Dspeed Games

Story- You play as Daniel "frost" Gibson a man who just joined the army.The reason why he joined is to get revenge on Vladimir Markov for killing his wife that he held hostage to the us delta force he claimed that he would shoot her if they don't give him 1,000,000 dollars during the scene Daniel runs towards him then "bang" that sound was no other than a Python shot as Daniel ran to help his wife Vladimir shots her. Down goes Daniel's poor wife. Nooooo!!! screamed Daniel. i wont let you get away with this i will kill youuuu!!! good luck said Vladimir as he gets in his chopper and fly's away. from than Daniel joined the army and trained to be the best solider he can be than he recruited special force trained soldiers and formed a group called unit 13 and out to kill Vladimir Markov before his upcoming plan to nuke the whole city.

will you stop Vladimir markov

http://dspeedgames.webs.com/unit13.jpg
http://dspeedgames.webs.com/unit132.jpg

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2013 17:41 Edited at: 30th Aug 2013 17:49
Since you are pretty new to the forums:

1* COD in itself is overdone/overcopied and not particulary original.
I generally advise new users not to copy or take too much inspiration from current gen games since there really is not much to a small, inferior copy of a big AAA franchise. (It is likely that there are also little players for your game. Why play a COD style FPSC game if you can just play COD or one of the bazillion clones.)

Do what you like and what makes you happy.... but I'd say its better to take ten minutes to come up with an original idea.

Think about it before you get deeper into development.

2* We can not comment on something we have no information off. Just look at your thread from an objective point of view and you will see that there is nothing to comment about.

Why even make a thread if you dont have screenshots/a full concept or even a title?

3* You posted 2 sentences with the exact same message in a 6 lines long post. You literally asked us to comment on a vague one-sentence announcment that you make a cod style game. What kinds of posts where you anticipating?

4* What exactly is COD Style? You mean military shooter? Simply FPS? Modern Call of Duty or older ww2 titles? Multiplayer or single player? COD Story related or your own storyline?

5* This is the showcase board. Its for finished games only. Post this in the W.i.P section once you actually have a work in progress game.

6* Threads that don't use the proper layout will get deleted. The showcase board is already a mess, lets not deteriorate the W.i.P aswell. PLEASE READ THIS.

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
DSPEED GAMES
Years of Service
User Offline
*Wolf your the best but im not trying to copy stuff from cod im just making an army game like how cod has and screenshots i cant take none yet because i didn't finished it yet also the story i will post the story once im done with the game because by then i will write the story. im really hoping that when i post screenshots and stuff that people will notice it and would want to play it.

Wolf thanks for the heads up
Illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
Wolf pretty much covered everything, but please next time just wait until you have at least one screenshot before starting a WIP thread.

I will be checking back to comment once there are some pictures.

New account, have been around for a while!
DSPEED GAMES
Years of Service
User Offline
heres a 2 screenshot of the game

Thank you all

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2013 22:13
Okay, the screenshot you provided just begs the question; why are those truck container things stacked like that? Who would stack them on top of each other and why and how?

Secondly, your game seems to be lacking in any real lighting. Make a sun and add some other light sources around to make it look more interesting.

DSPEED GAMES
Years of Service
User Offline
first of there is a sun
and what else do mean by lighting are you reffering to shadows and other sorts?
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2013 02:48
Well, To your credit these are not the worst screen shots I've seen (there are some really bad one's out there). Someone asked about the trailers being stacked...I've seen trailers stacked like that. Empty trailers take up space and space can mean money, so you stack them and get more in the same place. Do a Google search for stacked trailers or something like that. Most of them are flat pre-stressed but box trailers are in there too. I wouldn't take the criticism too hard. Looks like you just joined but seem to already be putting things together. Even AAA games get torn apart (read any video game forum ever made) You like something and want to make something like it. It's a great way to learn the software. Do you have a demo? I's be happy to see how it really looks.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2013 08:15
Screens look decent but I think your aspect ratio is off. Everyone looks kinda short and wide. What is your monitor resolution? You should set it at that.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
DSPEED GAMES
Years of Service
User Offline
i wann know if anyone would want to play my game

http://dspeedgames.webs.com/dspeed.jpg
MrCrazyDude115
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2013 20:25
I will

Dat crazy dude behind you...
Zombie_Expert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2013 19:06
More war shooters *sigh* and they say ZOMBIES are overrated. >.>
I'd rather see another Slender clone but eh what can you do, humans are violent and action cravers. :3
We all want to see knockers, bloodshed, and be the alpha. It's in our nature.
Keep working on it, looks better than my first game Stenches of the Night (let alone any of them).
Talk to Wolf if you need help he's been there for me and other community members. I go to him for help when needed.

Knowledge of the undead since the age of 4.

Z_E
DSPEED GAMES
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2013 17:38 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2013 17:39
im sorry to say this everyone but this game dev progress is now canceled due too crasches and glithces of gameplay but if u still want to try it out jus post it on this board saying u wanna try it out then i will post it thanks all goodluck

http://dspeedgames.webs.com/
The Master D
Years of Service
User Offline
Crashes and glitches to everyone mate, that doesn't mean you have to cancel. Push through it and keep working on your game, it'll pay off in the end!

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz, Radeon HD 7850 2GB, 8 GB RAM, Win 7 Pro 64 Bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:07:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:07:15