Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / How is this animation created?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm looking at using the AppGameKit to create something with a radar screen to be my first, very basic game attempt. I first attempted it in DBP using the draw functions, but I'm looking for a much higher resolution effect. I found exactly the look I want in an app called Task Radar (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sockmonkeysolutions.android.tas.free). Can someone give me a clue how this effect was made? Is it a sprite with a transparent sprite sweeping effect? Is it a movie they're pasting sprites onto? Can anyone give me better strategy for making a functional radar effect? Thanks!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2013 01:23
Quote: "Is it a movie they're pasting sprites onto?"

I know you can't put sprites over a video in AGK. So that wouldn't be the way to do it with AGK.

My guess is it is an animation, straight up. With other things displayed over it. Simple animations are doable in AGK.

Or, it could be a single image for the background and a somewhat transparent image being rotated about.

How they are actually doing it in the app you point to, no idea.

It just matters how you want to do it.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2013 13:04
I do not think it is a movie. Create a background image of the radar,,a semi-trasparent sprite of the "ray", and make the latter rotate using setSpriteAngle commands. Set the sprite offset (setSpriteOffset) accurately on the originating vertex of the ray, since that affects rotation. And that's all.
I cannot provide you samples because I have no time, that the idea is very simple.
roswell1329
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent. Thanks for the tips, MarcoBruti and Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:05:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:05:40